Cade

Pirate Girl

Here's my latest. For the life of me, I can't get great pictures yet. I'm still learning when it comes to digital photography.

img417dbcb0b7538.jpg

Here are some links:

CMON 1

CMON 2

CMON 3

Comments and criticisms welcome.

• Like 1

I can't imagine this figure painted with a more beautiful simplicity

My thinking exactly. Stunning in it's simplicity, in fact.

I wish you could still get this mini. Very nice job! Is there any way we can see some more angles.

The 3 CMON links are all different angles. If you look at my CMON gallery, there might be one or two other.

The photos aren't the best. I'm really not good at getting accurate pictures. I end up either too dark or too bright, and then I get a haze. I really can't seem to get a picture that makes it look like it does for real. <_<

The 3 CMON links are all different angles. If you look at my CMON gallery, there might be one or two other.

Oh ok I'm just blind. :blush:

I really like the subtle tan line on her brest I'm planning on doing something similar on this figure Warlord Dwarf

The only thing I don't like is the harshness of the highlights and shadows on her face. It makes her look older than she appears to be. Also her left eye seems to be looking in slightly a different direction than her right. I understand. That's one of the hardest things to get and it probably looks a little more distorted on such a large photo. Great job over all though. Very nice.

Nice. I especially like her hair...any chance we could get a recipe?

The base is VMC calvary red mixed with VGC scrofolous brown (spelling?). I shaded by added dark brown. The first layer of highlights were done by adding a bit more scrofolous brown to the base and a touch of bone white. The scrofolous brown is really a mustard yellow color. Higher stage highlights were done by just adding bone white.

The only thing I don't like is the harshness of the highlights and shadows on her face. It makes her look older than she appears to be. Also her left eye seems to be looking in slightly a different direction than her right.

I agree on the line of the face. My shading follows the sculpted lines. Although I love Werner's stuff, I have to be honest, her face is not so attractive. It's just part of the sculpt. The shape and the harsh lines give her a naturally haggard and angry look. Had I minimized the color contrast and perhaps painted some makeup, I might have been able to steer away from it. Instead, I just rolled with the sculpt. Also, she has like no lips. She has a very wide head by the temples and it tapers quickly to a sharp pointy chin.

As for the eyes, I see it now that you point it out. At actual size, you can't tell, but that's what you have to love about pictures. It certainly brings to lights some mistakes that you never noticed. The one pupil is just a touch off.

This mini is gorgeous. Too bad about the gum stuck to her heel. ::D:

:lol: yeah, I know.

The miniature comes on an integrated base of about 2 planks, one being the one up in the air. I just sculpted some more planks to give her a full base. It does look like the plank is stuck to her boot.

If I ever get around to painting her again, I think I'll just chop off the entire wooden base and put her on some other terrain.