Guild Wars

haldir

Guild Wars page on Gamespy.com

free weekend for everyone,

might have to try this one, as it's Free monthly fee + comin from the guys that made Bnet it can't be that bad can it??

Free trial starts tomorrow, I downloaded the game client but it wouldn't let me create a account, gotta wait till tomorrow I guess.

Hope to see some people on there, maybe we can create a Reaper forum group or something?

Randy M

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just read the "handbook" a little bit , sounds like all characters will be 15th level for the demo this weekend, gives you look at a high level character.

Like I said I'll give it a try & maybe buy it in the future, but the one MMRPG I'm lookin forward to is NOV 22 (or at least I hope so!!!) WoW

Randy M

I want to try this game too. I've been following it's development for some time now, as I was a HUGE Diablo 2 player and many of the dev's on this game worked on D2.

However, one of the things I didn't like about D2 was PvP and PK'ing. This game seems like it's major focus is PvP. The reason I don't play PvP in online games is because people cheat. I never do, and that makes a game totally unplayable.

Plus I'm upset about the game not having a monthly fee. If it had a fee, then all of the 12 year olds couldn't play because they don't have credit cards. That is the only way to ensure an online MMORPG is going to be populated with people who are somewhat into the role playing portion of the game instead of..."I pwned joo Noobz)Rz!! U sux)R, lol!!LOLLLOLLOLOO!!NewBB?" I watched as Diablo 2 devolved into that same scenario because it was free and ended up playing single player...I don't expect much more from this game, except it doesn't have a single player aspect to it.

I'm expecting my new video card either today or tomorrow, so this will be a perfect game to test it on however, so for that sake I will try it out. Who knows it maybe totally fun like D2 was...we'll see.

If it is fun, we should definately talk about starting a guild.

Oh the 12 yrs old are still there in any game. Mommy/Daddy pay for things quite well.

Oh, I know. I currently play UT2004, Tribes Vengeance and SWBF online. None of those have monthly fees either so believe me, I know. At least UT2004 uses voice chat, so you can tell if it's a young kid talking or an older dude.

If you've ever played an online game you know how vulgar and rude the masses are usually, and I always kind of feel weird cursing at a 12 year old kid. I'm 32 now and it makes me uncomfortable when I don't the age of someone I'm playing online with, it's always hard to determine the level of appropriate behavior as most people online hide behind the mask of anonymity. One of the biggest appeals of playing online I guess.

That's why I like Tribes Vengeance. The average age seems to be around 30 in that game according to all the forums and in game chat. I don't feel so bad getting cursed at and swearing back at an old dude like myself...that's totally appropriate IMO.

Let's keep this thread going Haldir in case the game is actually fun, it would be nice to have some peeps in a guild that I knew (sort of) through this forum.

i had read something about this a while back, think i am goign to try it out. see what its like...

Dark: I just picked up Vengance, have not installed it yet... looks fairly fun.... play any strat games like Warcraft/Starcraft?

Fallen

No unfortunately I never really could get into RTS. Too frantic, I like to mull my turns over for awhile, definately more of a turn based fan. Heroes of Might and Magic was always good, Civ 2 was cool.

But yeah, Tribes Vengeance is incredibly fun and addicting. I play every night before I hit the hay. I pour a drink, sit down and just pick a good server...the game is well balanced as it stands, it went through alot of beta testing, demos etc...

The single player campaign is really cool too. It teaches you the basic concepts that you'll need to know to stay alive online.

Once you're up and running with it PM me...I'm installing a new video card either tonight or tomorrow, depending on when UPS comes. At that point I'll be ready to play again. I've been off for about a week, my old video card is dusted so I had to put aside PC gaming for awhile...thank God for consoles!

And the Reaper Forum! (Even my crappy on-board video can run this site!)

Okay, I downloaded the client, played for about an hour..here is my opinion.

THe controls first and foremost are wacky as all hell. It will take quite some time to get really comfortable with the control scheme. The graphics are good...not Fable good, but for a mmorpg they're beautiful. The draw distance is very far...the lighting effects are lush and glowy. The textures are highly detailed and colorful. THe animations are a bit blocky, but not bad.

I was able to join a party and figure out how to take on a mission, but the game kicked me to the desktop right when I was about to start...I reported the bug using the "report bug" feature.

I was playing a ranger build, with an elementalist sub type. Seems pretty cool so far, would definately be more fun with someone you know watching your back.

Okay, break over, back to painting.

been playing all morning, and I am really likeing it... only issue i have with it, is there is no RPing... but hey, what can one expect from a MMORPG. Rarely have i seen one that allows for RPing... at any rate, the game itself is quite fun... anyone know what the monthly charge will be?

oops... no montly fees... found it.. hehe sorry

Edited by TheFallen

My char's name is Sean Darkstar. Darkstar was taken already :angry:

Kind of a fun game, but what I don't get is this...The game gives you a choice of what "realm" to play in. English Speaking, or other realms...other languages.

So why in the name of Crom did 50% of the people playing who don't speak any English, join the ENGLISH ONLY realm? Makes me mad as I have to wade through a ton of "Plejjzney Dvorak clentzra mek?" and "Bjorna Nenlish goarno mnnlexny?" <_< . Anyways...this game looks like one I probably might be picking up...if the reviews are good and they fix the realms. I think it's kinda clunky though, the camera is wacky, and the interface is way too unweildy for an action game. they need to fix all of those things. The graphics are beautiful though and the skill/item system is very appealing to me...