Sign in to follow this  
illanthraen

Shipment Grief. ((for crying out loud!!))

So..I order these minis on the 18th of October. I pay for them..everything's cool. So after a day or so I get an email from reaper saying the order has been processed.

Nothing else after that. Which I found sort of odd...since I seem to recall getting shipping confirmation emails before..

Anyways. October 29th..and I'm wondering.."Where the hell are my minis? I need them!" ((I really did need them...you can all relate)) So I check my mail. Now the last couple times I got orders from here I would get a card saying come to the post office and pick up the package, with a statement of the duty I needed to pay.

This time there was a card from UPS. All it said on it was that they had a package from Reaper for me ((Finally!)) and that I needed to call this number and make arrangements for delivery, which included the need to pay the duty.

So I call the number. The lady on the phone says they'd tried to deliver it to my house 3 times previously, the 25th being the last try. ((I'm never home at the time they tried..which was the same each day)) The card was so I could make arrangements or they would return the package.

So here I am going.."Well I don't remember even getting any notice that the package had even shipped". The lady asked if there was any notice left on my door saying they'd tried to deliver. Of course there wasn't..I was totally unaware this had been going on. So then..we make arrangements for it to be delivered on Monday((Yesterday..the 1st of Nov.)) She says that if I wouldn't be around just sign the card and leave the money..and tell the guy where to put the package and he'd do so. Cool, right? No.

This would have been great..except the guy never actually came to my house like UPS told him to. ((They were using an "independant contractor"..pfft.)) Instead..the request was simply waiting to be processed, said the lady I called this morning. ((the 2nd))

Still waiting to be processed?! The #$%#^ing day AFTER it was supposed to be delivered?! So now I have to wait for some guy..to call another guy..who will call me and tell me which stupid "center" to go to so I can go pick the damn thing up MYSELF!

This is my suggestion to Reaper. GO BACK TO USING REGULAR MAIL FOR US POOR CANADIANS WHO MUST SUFFER THE INEPTITUDE OF RETARDED COURIERS WHO DON'T DO THEIR JOB!!!!!

*pant..pant*

This is my suggestion to Reaper. GO BACK TO USING REGULAR MAIL FOR US POOR CANADIANS WHO MUST SUFFER THE INEPTITUDE OF RETARDED COURIERS WHO DON'T DO THEIR JOB!!!!!

*pant..pant*

LOL :lol:

When someone pleads this desperatly, you just have to listen. Reaper please help our Canadian peeps out

*sniff* Thanks.

oh..I just realized that with a Courier I still have to go somewhere myself to pick up the package. Only this way takes at least a full 2 weeks longer! Hella Sweet! <_<

Oh by the way I should say that I totally love Reaper. They did their part ..just the carrier I'm annoyed with.

MUCH LOVE FOR REAPER!! You all just have to understand...there's a Shadow Dragon in that package....

Actually, if we could getting shipping options for all shipments, regardless of locale, that would be wonderful. I know there was another thread several months back detailing issues with Brown.

I would be sooo happy if the option of USPS would be available.

Granted, I will usually goto my FLGS for an order, but every now and then I might want boneyard bits, or get a gift certificate.

Ill - I feel for you. I've never had much luck dealing with UPS. At least not this branch that I deal with now. When I was living at my folks, the guy that delivered there was great.

I also wish we could get USPS shipping...or at least UPS shipping *WITHOUT* requiring a signature. I'm never home when UPS delivers.

The problem up North is that there is a duty tacked on to cover Sales Tax that we would have had to pay. If you don't pay the fee you don't get the package. Makes things really annoying when it's being delivered via courier.

Much better if you can just go to the post office when you have time and pay then.

Story time...

A friend of mine ordered a computer...so we're talking about a fair amount of money (on a personal level). It was being shipped UPS IIRC. Come the day it was to be delivered and no computer. After some phone calls and investigations, it turns out the delivery person not only delivered it to the WRONG house, but also FORGED his signiature on official company documents. This wasn't a simple mistake, but the person KNOWINGLY delivered it to the wrong location and tried to cover it up. THis reason, amongst others, is why I prefer USPS.

Damon.

hey now - yell all you want, it's an awful situation & you don't deserve that.

But don't dis people with thinking disabilities - it ain't their fault and they don't deserve it either.

Back to the shipping - yeah Mail. What's wrong with that?? I've had problems with them "supposedly" delivering something to my door, but never leaving a note. When I call to find out what's going on, they say they've tried several times. I tell them no note. They say they'll try again...the driver on the day calls me on a cell phone saying he can't find my house.

Keep in mind, this is the EXACT SAME DRIVER that the HQ says has knocked on my door 3 times already. But he can't find the house at all.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I hate time-card cheatin', lyin', lazy delivery drivers.

This may be a good inspiration for a few Brown mini conversions. Then they can see how they stand up to the mighty Shadow Dragon! ((If I ever actually get it..))

I also wish we could get USPS shipping...or at least UPS shipping *WITHOUT* requiring a signature.  I'm never home when UPS delivers.

You should be going to your LGS, you naughty man!

My FLGS doesn't sell bits. Or single data cards. Or redeem BL points.

well to give you all an idea of how bad it is i used to do tech support for the UPS shipping software and we would constantly get calls from irate ppl about the condition of there boxes and how late they were. i prefer usps as well but its nice that ups and fedex deliver to my door (living on the third story of an apt complex)

I to once used UPS (Hello Durak!) until they shipped a product and forgot about it one of there receiving houses. I got it a month late without any explaination or apology. Hopefully USPS will pick up all of their business.