Dawn of War Demo

I'd suggest maybe there's a good, solid turns-based game with a 40K mod? Or are GW so zealous in TM enforcemment that they stomp on their fans and on free advertising, I wonder? I know Total Annihilation has a 40K mod but that's RTS again.

No, unfortunately there's no such animal. I've been waiting for a long time to get my hands on a decent turn based strategy game with an in game Editor. I'm pretty skilled with graphics, so creating units wouldn't be a problem, animating them would, but these types of "total conversions" are generally worked on by many different people with different skill focuses. Coders, sound engineers, artists, that sort.

I mean, if games like Unreal Tournament 2004 can ship with an in game Level Editor, then why not some comparatively simple TBS engine? The closest thing I've seen was Heroes of Might and Magicd II and IV. They had a campaign editor, where you could create your own maps, but the units still remained the same. Oh well.

Also, there was a game called "The War Engine" that supposedly let you go in and create any kind of turn based game you wanted with any kind of units, terrain etc...however, the game itself is so dated that I would rather play Ms. Pac Man on a digital watch than suffer the pains of that game again.

Or are GW so zealous in TM enforcemment that they stomp on their fans and on free advertising, I wonder?

Hey, waddaya expect from the oh-so-wonderful Games Workshop? :unsure:

Hmmm, that might as well be their downfall one day... <_<

Oh well!!! Cheaper price on GW products when that happens, then! ^_^:poke: