deep_sashelas

Show off your First Minis Ever

Attach it. It works here in the Show Off topic. Theres a box called File Attachments for you to browse to your .jpg file. Make sure it's under 150k or it won't load.

img41583bd87ce4e.jpg

First mini painted not too long ago. Around two months ago. Since then, I'd like to say I've improved, but I no longer have usage of my camera so I can't get anyone to see them and give feedback. =(

Sweet! I wish more folks were that honest! HAHA! That is what I remember too... I guess times have changed a lot too. Internet... basing, actual sculpts. No more enamels :lol:

Hee, I think it really depends on when you first started...'70s, '80s, '90's, or '00's. There's really a lot more info on the 'net about mini painting now, thanks to all these great tutorial sites put up by those who probably learned the hard way. So the newer folks are benefitting from the leg up, which is great and the reason for the tutorial sites in the first place. ::P:

Great pics, all, and keep them coming. ::D:

Ah...my first...now that was a special mini :wub:

1st_Mini.jpg

Proof that even the crappiest painter improve (too bad the same can't be said for my camera...).

Pirate.jpg

WAYWATCHER_2.jpg

WAYWATCHER.jpg

The first two are GW Waywatcher elves.

The third one is a copper mini my bro found in a 25 cent vending machine! :lol:

EDIT:

There, that's better! Just look at that photographic skillz... :rolleyes::lol:

Here's my first, painted late August 2003, from the LTP #1. Like some others in the thread, I had done some reading on the Internet before I got started, as well as reading and attempting to follow some of the stuff from LTP #2. I'm still actually pretty happy with the leather parts and the beat-up look of the shield. I get a kick out of his super pasty complexion and angry eyes.

post-4-1099798566.jpg

I guess times have changed a lot too. Internet... basing, actual sculpts. No more enamels

Ahhh... time's have indeed changed... I think that if it weren't for the wealth of info on the internet, I'd probably had fallen off with the hobby a few years ago. I'd say there was a good 10 year lul where my painting was extrememly minimal...

Oh and the enamals! ::P:

I'm pretty sure this is, if not the first mini ever for me

1stmini.gif

The Polo, no offense, but your original work before the repaint; he looks like he got beat with an ugly stick. But no worries, mine do too.

Not sure this guy is my first first, but he is among the very first 3-6 minis I ever painted. He is an old Ral Partha Wind Lord. Painted in '89 with enamel paints. I had read one Dragon Magazine article about painting that introduced me to the concept of dry brushing before painting him.

WindLord_ft.jpg

Hee!! This crops up every now and then.

gueniviere.jpg

My poor, poor guen. Amazingly, at CMoN she's pulling above a 2!!