Show off your First Minis Ever

deep_sashelas

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee, I think it really depends on when you first started...'70s, '80s, '90's, or '00's. There's really a lot more info on the 'net about mini painting now, thanks to all these great tutorial sites put up by those who probably learned the hard way. So the newer folks are benefitting from the leg up, which is great and the reason for the tutorial sites in the first place. ::P:

Great pics, all, and keep them coming. ::D:

• Artists

Here's my first, painted late August 2003, from the LTP #1. Like some others in the thread, I had done some reading on the Internet before I got started, as well as reading and attempting to follow some of the stuff from LTP #2. I'm still actually pretty happy with the leather parts and the beat-up look of the shield. I get a kick out of his super pasty complexion and angry eyes.

post-4-1099798566.jpg

I guess times have changed a lot too. Internet... basing, actual sculpts. No more enamels

Ahhh... time's have indeed changed... I think that if it weren't for the wealth of info on the internet, I'd probably had fallen off with the hobby a few years ago. I'd say there was a good 10 year lul where my painting was extrememly minimal...

Oh and the enamals! ::P:

Not sure this guy is my first first, but he is among the very first 3-6 minis I ever painted. He is an old Ral Partha Wind Lord. Painted in '89 with enamel paints. I had read one Dragon Magazine article about painting that introduced me to the concept of dry brushing before painting him.

WindLord_ft.jpg