So what's your excuse?

ThePolo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My title is (and I really don't know what this really means) Assistant Toolsmith. I test heart monitors and ventilators. When I have down time I usually check the boards. Most of the time however I leave my browser in one of the forums and then go do some testing. When I am done I hit the refresh button to see what has changed.

I'm a museum exhibit designer.

Specifically, I handle most of the printed materials (publications, panels, signage, banners, etc., etc.) using all the expected Adobe products, although every once in a while I get to do 3D "hands on" stuff.

I have three computers and a server all in a circle around my desk... one I surf on, one is usually rendering, one is printing and one just sits there... watching me... :huh:

I have a million things going on at once so while I wait for a project to open, or something to print, or whatever, I circle around the 'surfing' computer and see what's up.

I'm a desktop publisher/lead data transcriber for the Internal Revenue Service. I'm on a computer from the time I get to work to the time I leave. Normally I spend my breaks (when I remember to take one) checking in or stretching. When I'm a Lead DT, I don't get to log on as much and am much too busy to check the forums. As a DP, I'm busy, but have a little more leeway and I don't have 20+ people coming up asking me tons of questions while I'm trying to get work released so it can move on down the pipeline and the taxpayers (like you and me) can receive their tax refund in a timely manner (trust me, it's about as timely as it's going to get).

Sometimes I'll have the forums open in the background and promptly forget they're there while I'm working on graphics or trying to force Word and Acrobat to work together in harmony :wacko: or at least work together in some way that will allow us to send our books to print.

I am a Pharmacy Tech for the ministry of health and long term care in a Mental hospital.

I get my work done so much faster than everyone else, so while I wait for work to come my way I check the boards.

Also get 1 and 1/2 hours in an eight hour day for break. (Its the government what can I say?) So I have lots of free time at work!

<_<

Hang on.... wait... you mean.... there's OTHER things to do???!

*heh* I work part time in the real world. I bask in Reaper goodness the rest of the time. I've been addicted to the internet since 1996, just the boards have changed. It's nothing new here! :)

Jess

I'm a Service Coordinator (social worker) for Dept of Mental Health. When I am not actually working with my clients in the field (being forced by administration to do this less and less as the evil computer takes ahold of the job), I am chained to my desk forced to type endless reports documenting everything, redundantly, about my client, except for the useful information. Or waiting for interminally long periods of time on hold for Social Security or Mass Health or a Hospital etc.

I usually stay logged on at work if I am chained before the magic grey box of doom because it gives me a break from the insanity of work for the insanity here.