I loved WC series. I did get disenchanted with the Diablo series. Allot of hype about nothing in D2. Ya you had different classes but not much different from D1. I really hope they come through with WOW.

Be warned, the download is about 2.5 gigs! There server is pretty slow...I usually get about 100-300 kbps downloads at home..with this server I'm averaging 25kbps...it's going to be awhile...should be worth it though!

My username is KingDarkstar I'll be on at latenights, usually 10-12pm PST if you wanna holler at me.

The Diablo series has always been lost on me. I love magic items, in any game but I can't see playing a game for nothing but them, I don't know maybe I'm missing something.

As for WoW the Beta is Completely FREE! The Story line for WC3 and WC3:FT are going to add alot of background for WoW. So I'm pretty excited about everything, from what I've read(alot of fluff and forum talk) everything is coming along VERY nicely and they are packing in some HUGE mid-game World altering story elements that are going to rock Azeroth like no other.

Yeah, it's pretty roxor. I played a bit before work this morning, and made it to level 4 with one character, level 3 with another, and completed 3 quests between the two characters.

But I put the caveat of 'that was only the beta, and a low-level characters', so it's possible that the difficulty spikes shortly.

Can't wait to find out! :)

--LSH

I dont think it's that their server is slow, my guess is that it's the Thousands of freeloaders downloading the huge file right now. There is only so much bandwidth on this little internet. Actually I think they are using much more than One server too.

I'll holla. Also I'm not sure what they really hold to as their name standards but i've seen it brought up that names with things such as King, Duke, "EricTheSlayer" type of things aren't allowed. But those are name's of characters, I'm stupid, disregard that, kingDarkStar is your account. duh.

lstormhammer, I envy thee. It better be done by the time I get home from class.

I'm a total fan of Blizzard, Warcraft and Starcraft...but what is it with WoW's country-specific policy? I run over to the supposedly open-beta, and find out it states it's only for North America, Australia and New Zealand...

Still, I'm going to give it a shot signing up. The beta sign-up form is more inclusive of countries - so evidently one of their departments is aware there's more than three countries in the world. Too bad no one told their PR, marketing and website people this, it's a turn-off to the rest of the world.

Woot. The sign-up worked and I have the downloader in my grubby little hands. Have to get back home and set this up and wait for 2 gig's worth of data to stream in, then I'll share some thoughts about the actual game - hope it's good, despite their website's people's best efforts to annoy. ::D:

just tried to download the software & did all the step up to 5 & then it told me the download had expired.

I hope I don't have this much trouble with the real thing when it comes out later this month!!!

Randy M

This is an awesome game. I've been on for about a week now. I'm not one for pc games but I'm hooked on this one. I'm on server test 3 and my name is (big surprise) Ana. ::D:

Just FYI, they have been having server issues this week. They reboot the servers at least twice a day. Still trying to the bugs out. They are working on at least one more patch. And just FYI, service is scheduled tomorrow around noon central time.

"The downloader has expired" is a known issue. There's a post in their forums with the correct link to the correct downloader. Let's see if I can find the link:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...tmp=1#post34903

As of now:

9.50MB of 2481.17MB copied...

Download rate: 20-24 kb/s

Hmm, assuming the program doesn't crash and neither does my computer...I should probably go off and paint up an army while I wait. Now where did I put my 60-80 lizardmen figs...

I cannot BELIEVE they are using bittorrent and peer-to-peer to spread this beta. *swears, curses and tries to ignore the downloader saying 0% downloaded.*

I downloaded about 350mb worth of Guild Wars in a total of 10-15 minutes...

*mutters*

All right, I shall stop ranting and chant "this ought to be a very cool game if I can ever get it started" over and over...

sweet so far, I've only played about 2 hours and it's a freaking blast. First Character, Night Elf Hunter. I already ran into two bugs but one wasn't really big. Although While playing someone did say they fell off the map... ssdd in the world of Azeroth.

When I get some more time to play and explore things I'll get my Server name down.

Alright, played some more last night, and this morning.

And the title says it all: WOW...!

Now understand, the only prior experience I've had with online RPG's was Asheron's Call, and Final Fantasy.

Asheron's Call was fun, and I had a nice little business running from the local dungeon to town, selling that which I found on the ground that noone wanted. Yes, I was a gunrunner. Made good money that way, too.

Final Fantasy was fun, but nigh impossible to make money at it unless you spent ungodly amounts of time and money crafting. Yes, the game had a realistic economy, and it was based on the Lu Shang's Standard. Blech.

But I am finding myself enjoying the crafting aspects of WoW, I can get what I need from the monsters, money actually drops off the beasties, and I can always sell that which I can't use.

I was exploring the main Human castle today, and discovered the subway system. Yay me! So I was also checking out the Dwarf city with only a level 6 character.

All in all, I am thinking that on the 22nd, I will pick up WoW, and delete my FFXI account.

--LSH

But I am finding myself enjoying the crafting aspects of WoW, I can get what I need from the monsters, money actually drops off the beasties, and I can always sell that which I can't use.

I love it so far. I have tayloring so I can make clothing and sell it. Partying up is cool and the graphics are just awesome! This is my first RPG pc game and I must say I'm glad I started with it. My husband got us in the stress test before the open beta was released. He's like level 16 or so and he's flown on griffons and seen dragons. It's so cool!