Sign in to follow this  
shakhak

WoW

Actually, I had to think about that for a while, and I found something actually cooler than the Imp.

Just southeast of Stormwind, there's a farm with a 'Crazy Cat Lady' (yes, she's literally named that), in there you can buy a cat that follows you around for the low-low price of 40 silver pieces.

Now, I know that it doesn't fight, or help, or give bonuses to stats, but it does have coolness factor (kind'a like cats in real life).

--LSH

Great now I am going to go and have to find a "kitty kitty". As if I have that much cash laying around. ::D: What server and realm are you playing in by the way? That goes for everyone that is playing this gem right now. I think it would be extremely cool if we all could form a Reaper Guild.

Right now I'm on Test 30. But I think that once the game goes Gold, they will be removing those from the roster. (Or possibly renaming them? I hope so, I would have a 6 level headstart on people... woohoo!)

Current characters are:

Marielle: 8th level Human Mage

Beerslayer: 3rd level Dwarf Paladin

Janchu: 6th level Human Fighter.

I think I'll try Rogue out, as well. See what it's like...

--LSH

Giving this the big bump.

Alright, I've been playing this a little more while I have my cold, and this is something else cool about the game:

Dancing.

Yes, you heard me right. Let's see if I can break this down for you.

Human females do the macarena (and the cabbage patch, I think it's called)

Human Males do John Travolta's dance from 'Saturday Night Fever'

Night Elf females... well, Pole dance. I swear they do.

Night Elf Males aparantly do the Michael Jackson 'Thriller through Bad' phase dancing.

Dwarf Males do that cool squatting Russian leg-kicking dance.

Dwarf Females I don't know about yet.

Undead Males (my personal favorite) headbang, mosh, air guitar, and throw up the horns. (Woo!)

Undead Females are unknown at the moment.

Gnomes are unknown, both male and female

Tauren are unknown, as well as Orcs.

Troll Males do capeoria<sp?>, unknown about females.

But I want to point out that Blizzard coded this into the game, how cool is that?!? :)

%0ãeø¡SH, Dance-Dance Revolutionary

Sounds cool. If I could see it.

Would you believe that I've been fighting to install the game for the last 5 days or so. I was hoping to reach wild success so I could post and announce to everyone happily the fool-proof method I discovered for installing the WoW beta client.

HAR.

5 downloads from fileplanet later...(2.5 gigs every time, mind you, 4-6 hours each)very insanely fast speeds on the download, too bad the zip file always seems corrupted and gives CRC errors - even when using winzip 9.0...

I've only gotten the first Installer Tome.mpq to get opened by the installer, then the second tome produces some kind of -2314234234 error, whatever the number was.

Running the blizzard downloader again just deleted nearly everything off the folder.

Then I checked the site again, and there's a downloader b version.

So now I'm trying that. 30% done through last night. Stopped it before it decided to crash again, so hopefully when I restart it tonight, it will still remember that 30% has been downloaded. Download speeds are still at about 30kb/s at best.

Perhaps in three days, I'll finally see WoW magic. Just a little before it supposedly goes gold and their beta shuts for good. If I'm lucky.

I could be a poster boy for their tech support forum. I've run into nearly every unsolvable installation error posted there, and more to boot.

Edit: So anyone got a dedicated T1 or T3 line to connect straight to me, and pass me all the working WoW files? :rolleyes:

Edited by deep_sashelas

deep_sashelas Posted on Nov 17 2004, 03:01 AM

Sounds cool. If I could see it.

Would you believe that I've been fighting to install the game for the last 5 days or so. I was hoping to reach wild success so I could post and announce to everyone happily the fool-proof method I discovered for installing the WoW beta client.

HAR.

5 downloads from fileplanet later...(2.5 gigs every time, mind you, 4-6 hours each)very insanely fast speeds on the download, too bad the zip file always seems corrupted and gives CRC errors - even when using winzip 9.0...

I too had a tough time getting through the download/intsall process. Before even downloading I created my beta account though, so I thought i was all set. Finally got WoW installed, even logged in, then it patched. Once fully patched the stupid game was not recognizing my userid. Checked the official site and they had an announcement that they had received enough testers and had shut down new account creation. Now I'm peeved, as I had created my account a few days before this announcement but was having trouble with the download and install.

Don't think there's anything I can do at this point though unless they open up more beta spots. :wacko:

I actually got it from elsewheres (I'll speak with my Mentat on where he got it. It definatly wasn't Fileplanet).

Yes, I was suprised as anyone that all the slots are filled. 2 of the 3 people living in my domicile got accounts, so I'm watching a boyfriend and girlfriend switch around and see who gets to play what and when. Kind'a cute, really.

And if all else fails, you can just wait 5 more days and buy the game and install it.

--LSH

My hubby was able to get an account for both me and him. So now we play together. We also have 2 other couples that are going to play with us when it hits retail. Right now they are swapping accounts back and forth ::D:

I'm playing Star Wars galaxies at the moment but I'm getting extreamly frustraited with it. As an MMORPG it has some really cool features but the Developers do not know Star Wars or they just don't care. The Jump to Lightspeed expansion was a step in the right direction but every time they give us something they take something else away. Basically I'm getting tired of SOEs antics.

I loved Warcraft II but never picked up Warcraft III. Still Blizzard seems like a class act so I may give it a try. Unfortunatly I was heavily into JTL when the WoW beta went live so I missed it and now it's closed. From what I have seen it looks to have some good stuff but it doesn't seem to have as many features as SWG. Still I'm confident that Blizzards will stay true to the back story of Azeroth where as SOE has done nothing but trash the Star Wars setting.

Hey there, Iron.

I would suggest that if you know someone who got into the Open Beta, go to their house and build a character. There's something like 30 servers in the PST area itself, and even more for each time zone. As far as I know, you can have as many characters on a server as you want, so it's not going to break anyone's back to let you try something out and see if you like it.

Coming from FFXI, there's comparitivly LOTS to do in WoW. Of course the main thrust of the game is Aggravated Assault on critters and finishing quests, but that's the whole point behind RPG's, no?

Also: Since you get XP for completing quests, and even parts of quests, I've had occassions where simple 'fetch and carry' missions have leveled me, and I did nothing more than bring a widgit to a person.

That, and no dancing wookies! :)

--LSH

Dancing Wookies don't bother me at all. Bringing a knife or your fist to a gunfight and winning is what bothers me about SWG.

Is WoW going to launch on the 23rd? How much is the monthly fee? Are we going to have a Reaper Guild?

I enjoyed the beta. The game as a whole is a little too cartoony and animeish for my tastes, but most of the problems I have had with MMORPGS don't seem to be issues in this one.

Still undecided as to whether I will actually buy the game, though. I prefer a little 'harsher' or more realistic (as realistic as a fantasy world can be, I guess) setting.

Well I stopped by EB Games last night and pre ordered the collector's edition. I definately am liking this game. I too played SWG for a bit and to be honest got bored with it quite fast. Mind you I do like the waypoint system that it has but I did have problems with the combat system. Quite a few of the "dungeons" are geared towards Jedi and as such are near impossible to take on, even for large groups. Also as was mentioned that even being in full composite armor you can easily be killed by Mobs with sticks and stones is very unrealistic. The professions are still unbalanced in SWG which I thought they would have corrected before the release of JTL, but it looks like they didn't. Ah well. I am really looking forward to WOW being released. It has been awhile since I have been able to say that about any game.

Curses!

According to Blizzard, they're wiping the Beta Servers and nuking everything tonight.

So much for making 20th level. I'll have to do it for real on Tuesday.

No, I haven't pre-ordered the game, but I know where I can get it with little fuss and muss.

--LSH

And I'm back to the forums. WoW completely consumed my ever waking moment. This game is truely fantastic, I beta tested SWG and it cannot compare to what I have been playing. Considering WoW isn't even released it is a full and fun game. Night elf and Tauren goodness, MMmmm...

If you think /dance is fun, you should try /chicken or /train

And to answer someone from a few posts ago, yes it takes longer to get from lvl 40-41 than it does to get from 5-6.

A reaper guild would be pretty awesome, sign me up.

I'm so siked about high lvl play, RAIDS!... To bad they ended it so soon. They even wiped the forums.