Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

Archers and volley?

I play elves and I love my archers(who wouldnt) but my friends dont want to face me as they once saw my archers cut down an overlords force

Now this guy is me best friend and he made several mistakes, well on mistake again and again... He hesitated instead of charging my lines at top speed he wavered he waited moved to one side came a little closer all the while I rained death and position my melee force to intercept an the fourth turn i charged his ruind battle line and swept him aside like grass.

Now I dont bring overly many archers he just didnt do what he should have and I rolled well.

So the guys are so scared of the elves they want to really regulate when i can and cant valley :angry:

basically what im getting at is how can i show them that it wont always be a massacre when i take the field? none wants to face me and its real annoying

thanks for any advice

My Nefsokar took down an archer intensive force of Elves a week ago with no ranged or spellcasters on my side. You just have to be fast - and spread out - volley is less effective if the targets are spread out.

and the Elf player was the guy who is writing the Elves Factionbook for us . . he knows his stuff!

My Nefsokar took down an archer intensive force of Elves a week ago with no ranged or spellcasters on my side.

Okay B... let's not forget to mention the Nefsokar "Cross Death's River" army ability... hehehehe

Seriously though, maybe a solution is to point out to your friends that there ARE ways to beat your archers. They just need to find it. Heck, losing some games is not that bad if it leads to figuring out how to beat an opponents' strengths.

IMHO, figuring out different ways of winning in various scenarios brings me a lot of enjoyment. Maybe if your friends could think of it in those terms instead of wins or losses.

Also, if they think they can't beat your force... unexpectedly switch forces with him and then see what happens. Maybe if you're able to win (or be relatively successful) with better tactics then they'll see your archers aren't all that.

If you can't get anymore games, come on over to my area.... Necropolis is ready to put your Elven bones to better use. :devil:

Freefall-- that's an excellent idea!

Swapping armies and playing the game again is great fun. It really helps you learn the ins and outs of your army and theirs.

Nathaniel