Spartan6

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators
Oh I almost forgot

I can only get to the rankings If first I go to my profile then go to the Balence of Power map (by click my province on my profile page) and then click rankings... anyone else having the same problem?

Rankings should be live tomorrow. What you're talking about is a mistake which I just fixed.

Silly me. I left a door open...

kit

Noticed a problem:

Balance of Power Map

There are three "links" just above the map (link 1, link 2, and link 3). There are mouseovers for these links that show up on the map as layer 7, layer 8, and layer 9 respectively.

I reached this map when I clicked on the Ranking, clicked on a member's User ID, and then clicked on the map within their Ranking sheet. That's when the links show up.

The words "layer 7" show up just to the left of and over the S in Swamp of the name for Great Swamp.

The words "layer 8" show up at the top between the H and L of Tirithilia.

The words "layer 9" show up below and to the left of the name Craclaw.

This occurs for all the listed and ranked players.

Check the url at the top of your page. If it has the word BETA in it you need clear out your address bar and reenter reapergames.com and then go to warlord.

What your seeing is a temp test page that will cause you issues if you keep attempting to view it. you'll want to remove Beta from the urls to make sure everything works properly.

Mad Pat

Since the site's in beta, this may be part of the testing, but if not, I thought the webmasters ought to know.

When I click on Fiction, there's a link that should take me to submitted work. When I click on the link which simply reads "story" I am taken to a page with this content.

Author: masterfoo Master Game System: Warlord Submission Date: 11/17/04

Description:

Story

Fiction Submission:

Story

There's no story and no clickable links save for the one that takes me back to the page I found the "story" link on. If this is a known-problem or part of a test-submission, y'all can ignore my rambling. I thought you just might want to know.

• Super Administrators
There's no story and no clickable links save for the one that takes me back to the page I found the "story" link on. If this is a known-problem or part of a test-submission, y'all can ignore my rambling. I thought you just might want to know.

Oops. Thanks. Forgot to kill that test entry.

kit

question that you probably already answered somewhere and I didnt see it...

On the balance of power map. How much weight does it give the number of people that have declared a faction compared to how many victories a particular faction has?

That is to say, in Barthos it shows that there have been 2 Elvish victories and 1 Crusader victory, yet the region still shows as in Anarchy of the Mercs.....

At what point do faction victories start turning the colors of the regions?

The actual games in Barthos were played as 1 elven, 1 Crusader, and 1 merc, thus Barthos is tied 3 ways, which makes it automatically neutral. One player shows as elves in the ranking because they are registered as an elf, but they fielded a merc force, turning in their report as a merc.

A region turns color as soon as any faction has 1 point more than any other faction.

• Super Administrators

I'll have detailed stats for each region available tonight, if all ges well. Had a little emergency at home, but once I get the kids to bed, it's back to work. Hopefully tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Mr. Bryan is correct, though. A single victory can put a faction in control of a region.

User faction represents preference only. A user is allowed to field any faction they wish, of course, but the faction you register the victory with gets the win for the region. Once more games come on line, you'll have a support bonus to spend to support the faction of your choice.

Something else to know: though a loss doesn't remove a point from your personal standing (feel lucky, in an early design doc losses affected personal standing negatively) losses do affect a faction's regional standing. For instance, Bathos (winners in primary position):

Mercs vs Crusaders

Crusaders vs. Mercs

Elves vs. Necropolis

That Merc loss cancels out the Merc win. Crusaders and Elves are tied for the lead in Bathos right now.

kit

Steve and I were both wondering if the size of the armies involved (500 point, 1000 point, soforth) have any bearing on the balance of power?

He's STILL bent on fielding a 5000 point army one of these days. I think he's been drinking from his brush-rinsing cup. :lol: