Bad habits

Gabe

I'm a perfectionist. I'll keep going over something repeatedly because it's "not good enough" and that would probably be why I've never made it past chapter two in my novel that I've been working on for the past 20 years, or the massive campaign I've been working on since 1988, or the campaign worlds I've been creating since I started playing rpgs, or why my website hasn't been finished yet.

And why I can't seem to finish a mini to save my life. They always end up in the stripper.

When I clean, I'm a nutjob. Yes, I use a toothbrush and actually pull out the TVs and scrub ALL the dust from the grooves in the back of the TVs. I dust over the doorjambs. I clean the blinds, windows, and windowsills. I dust the books. It takes me forever to clean a single room. An entire house can take me an entire week if I spend all day, every day, cleaning. This would be why I don't clean all the time (like my grandmother did... I refuse to get up at 7am on a Saturday morning just to vacuum).

I don't like people "helping" me. I have this insane need to do everything myself. I've gotten better at delegating work, but it's very hard for me especially when I know the other person won't do it right or will only do a partial job that's "just good enough" (which goes back to the whole perfectionist thing). Even when I was doing my homework as a kid I couldn't stand to have someone help me.

Ya'll should just lock me up. I don't know how my husband puts up with me. :lol:

I also cuss like I belong in the Navy and used to be worse (I actually had some Navy guys staring at me in astonishment once because they didn't expect a woman to say some of the things I was spouting).

Something I can't stand is AOLspeak (U instead of you, 2 instead of to or too, gr8 instead of great, and so forth) and poor spelling/grammar. Even in my own posts. I'll go back over them and read my posts several days later and end up editing them. I've really refrained myself on this board and now just manage to ignore any post where people can't at least attempt to spell a word (those from foreign countries are exempt from my disdain as I give them the benefit of the doubt).

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad habits...I think I would kill the server if I listed them all. I'm also glad my wife doesn't have an account here. ::D:

I have a pretty foul mouth. I have enough self control to not say something inappropriate around kids, or people I know will be offended.

I am a wicked smartarse and have a 10 year old sense of humor. I also love cartoons and will usually be up by 8AM on a Saturday watching Jackie Chan.

I snore. Often VERY loudly. I go camping every year with my sister-in-law and their family. 3 years ago, I woke my nephew up at the site next to us. He thought there was a bear. I was visiting friends in Schenectady. They had apartments above each other. I was staying in the upstairs apartment. I woke my friends up in the apartment downstairs. Even worse... When my wife wakes me up to make me roll over. I deny I was snoring, or even asleep at the time.

I am a horrible procrastinator.

I also swear a lot. My dad's family are all loggers or commercial fishermen.

I hate having anything but paint on my hands. I'm trying to figure that one out.

I will straighten things up at the grocery store. If I find things in the wrong place on shelves, I'll put them back. Drives my roommates nuts.

I have self-discipline problems. Really, not even I can make me care about things I don't feel like doing, even for my own good.

I am an obssesive collector and impulsive buyer.

I'm like that too Errex. If I don't care about it, I can't make myself care about it.

Although with my my wife's high decibel counselling I have been able to curb my impulse buying. I'm not quite as obsessive as I used to be about collecting though, maybe as I get older I just care less.

I leave the cabnets open in the kitchen. If you ever want to see what my kitchen looks like open every single door and drawer in your kitchen (this includes the ovens and microwaves) as wide as they can go and leave them open. I go into the cabnet and get what I want then go sit down. For some reason my brain does not have the "Close the door" signal programed yet.

That is a rotten habit and I go insane at people who leave things open and/or on! Call me insane but I become really nutty whenever I go to someone's house and unused things are left on and cabinent doors are left open. It's 'pigsty'-ish.

And Errex - I am so totally like that too. I recently went abit looney and bought all these Reaper minis that I haven't even painted yet...I took them out of the packet and put them on my shelf with the intent of painting them but I keep making excuses not to paint :p But I felt so much better after I bought them. :unsure: Ebay is also another one of my favourite roosting places when I have the urge to drop money quickly. Damn you internet banking!

I cuss like a Longshoreman with Tourets.

I think my worst habit is assuming everyone's an idiot unless prooven otherwise. But I've also dealt with a lot of idiocy in my day.

You know LSH, I think these two are pretty fitting for me at times. I do tend to assume most people are idiots until they show me they aren't . I swear it comes from working retail.

Yah, that's a kick. Last gaming session the guy who plays the half-ogre said something profane as part of the sentance on what he was doing next, and the whole table cracked up. Poor guy had no idea what was going on.

I've got Errex's not caring problem, Ary's spelling/grammer and AOLspeak sensitivity, touching/rubbing/picking at my face, and that hair thing! I didn't know that hair thing had a name, I thought I was just weird! *heh* I've pulled my hair out one strand at a time since before I learned to walk... I love the feeling of running it between my lips for whatever reason.

And now I have to go to work and teach Jr. Highers how to type. Yay!

Jess

That is a rotten habit and I go insane at people who leave things open and/or on! Call me insane but I become really nutty whenever I go to someone's house and unused things are left on and cabinent doors are left open. It's 'pigsty'-ish.

Wow. I guess I am a pig by leaving the... doors... open... hmmm. :huh:

Oh boy where to start...

*Contstantly picking at my face/beard/mustache/goatee/eyebrows. Yes I tug at my eyebrows and then inspect to see if I've pulled any out... why? I don't know...

*Procrastination. I was going to put off replying to this thread until I got home, then I was probably going to procrastinate some more. ;)

*Perfectionist. Drives my family crazy, especially when we're doing home improvement stuff. I put in a patio this summer and I'm lucky anyone stuck around to help me at times....which brings me to my next one:

*Terrible about asking for help, or even accepting help when its offered. For some reason (perfectionism perhaps? hmmm?) I feel that I can and should "do it myself".

*I can be dead wrong on a topic, but for some reason I will argue all day that I'm right.

*Rules lawyer, I'm sorry, but I am...

Guess the list could go on and on. I think I'll finish it up later, then touch it up until its perfect. ::D:

this is an interesting thread... lets see.

i have three really bad habits... First, I am completely and totally upfront... blunt to a fault. I do not sugar coat things, and do not expect things to be sugar coated to me. If you ask a question, be ready for the truth from my perspective.

Second, I like to talk.... alot. I can carry on a conversation with almost anyone about almost anything. I am an avid reader, and movie watcher. I will read virtually anything i can get my hands on, which really helps when it comes to playing trivial persuit.

Third.. and this is really bad... i love to get those "holier than thou" people going. I have some pretty liberal views on religion. Living in the bible belt, and working with some real zealots, provides me with hours of entertainment.

these are all according to my fiance. i had to ask her to help me narrow them down.

Fallen