Halfling mage

ironmani

I saw the artwork for this figure in the Gametrader mag. He looks AWSOME!!!!! I think my next guy will be a halfling Mage just on the strength of this figure alone!!! What I was wondering, are there any greens of him floating around so as I can get a quick sneek peek? (If he has the rabbit with him, that would rule!!!!) :D  :D  :D  :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talin did a fab job on the halfling mage!

We don't have a green back from the sculptor yet, but our procedure now is for me to shoot them when they come in, for Kit to add to the site... So rest assured, I'll get him up as soon as I can.  :D

I'll also check the feasibility of getting a scan of the sketch, or perhaps even a desktop for your greedy consumption.  :p

ReaperIvy

(aims to please)

You're making it very difficult to "Aww shucks" because I just did that. But thanks! I'm just a Design Chickie trying to help where I can...  :D

ReaperIvy

Do not "Aww Shucks."  I doubt you get paid to monitor the postings, which means that most of the time is your own.  Even though it's a hobby to most of us here, it's your job.  I know I wouldn't be monitoring the hazardous waste streams entering the plant after my 12 hours shift in the sludge mine is done!

I've been here since almost the onset, and you have nearly caught my number of positngs already.  I'd say you're going above and beyond the call of duty!

That deserves a great big "YOU ROCK!" in my not so humble opinion.

After reading throu some of these last post, I am still waiting for any update on the Halfling Mage (No rush! Take your time!  :D ) But heres a little thought, would you guys buy minis that were all the Reaper crew, sculpted to look like their fav classes!!!! (Reaper Ivy would have to be a cleric for all the miricles she works!!!! :D ) I know I would buy a bunch!!!

As much as I could while away the hours expounding on the virtues of Reaper Ivy, nay, any of the Reaper Staff. I do want to bring this back on topic. (sort of)

Since Halflings are, let's be honest: Hobbits without Copyright infringement, they tended towards the... shall we say, Full of good drink and food? Now my question is: Is this new Halfling Mage follow the traditional, pear shaping that many RPGs used for their Halflings, or does the Jeune Ecole ascend, and we have a leaner, trimmer, more action-oriented Halfling?

Long story short, is the guy a Christmas Ham, or is he thin?

--lstormhammer, christmas ham

I hope Reaper does both.  I like the more pot bellied happy go lucky beer drinking types, but the new, slimmer, and badder mini-men are also neat.  A chubby halfling will slim down and tone up after all after a time on adventure.

Halfling militia - chubby hams with sticks and bows.

Halfling knight - slim and mean fighting machine.

Personally I can't get past seeing Halfings as "Hobbits" since that was the original intention of the originators of D&D. I don't know where the short little pixie/brownie/miniature-elf look came from, but for me Halfings have and always will be short, hairy feet, normally barefoot, and in appreciation of good food, drink, and pipeweed (tobacco).

This "mini-human/elf" thing just doesn't cut it with me. I see a trim, lean Halfing more like the solid muscled miniature bar bouncer type. This is just me, of course.

YMMV

As much as I could while away the hours expounding on the virtues of Reaper Ivy, nay, any of the Reaper Staff. I do want to bring this back on topic. (sort of)

Since Halflings are, let's be honest: Hobbits without Copyright infringement, they tended towards the... shall we say, Full of good drink and food? Now my question is: Is this new Halfling Mage follow the traditional, pear shaping that many RPGs used for their Halflings, or does the Jeune Ecole ascend, and we have a leaner, trimmer, more action-oriented Halfling?

Long story short, is the guy a Christmas Ham, or is he thin?

--lstormhammer, christmas ham

I wouldn't describe him as thin. If I remember, he's more the traditional halfling. He's in robes, and has a really nifty hat. (One of the areas in which Talin's art really excels is his costume design. This guy doesn't fail in that respect). I haven't forgotten that I said I'd try to dig up my scan of the art, and possibly get a desktop out there if the powers that be are cool with that. :-) I just haven't had a chance yet.

ReaperIvy

(the unvirtuous)