Halfling mage

ironmani

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind Halflings wearing shoes.

Actually, as a child, I spent most of the time /out/ of my shoes (probably explains my honkin' huge feet nowadays, and my ability to grip things...) But for most children, I can see this as de regure.

For Yon Adventuring Types, who step on All Surfaces Great and Small, they might want some form of leather-bound protection on their feet.

Including Halflings.

Now: Per the picture: of course he needs to go without shoes, in 28mm, if you don't, how are you going to know it's a Halfling and not a dwarf? (I mean, aside from not having an Axe/Hammer/tankard of beer, and being clean-shaven... And not named some combination of 'Thor' 'Grim' 'Beard' or 'Axe'...)

All kidding aside, I will admit I saw the pic posted by Ivy and immediatly grabbed the ol' Player's Handbook. I'm building him at about 12th level. (that way, some of those trinkets can be magical, and you have the GP to blow on such wonders...)

--lstormhammer

If you want some good stuff, check out the Quientesntial Wizard (I think I spelled that right :D ) from Mongoose Publishing (I hope I am not doing anything wrong, I know some forums get up tight posting names of other publishers, we know who they are :;): ) Any how, there is a section in there about arcane nexus. Cool little thing, lets the Mage bind spells into objects (Usally a staff) so they dont take up lower level slots. So I was going to give him an arcane focus on his glasses with read magic  :D  "Hang on a sec and let me adjust my glasses....ah yes thats better, it says...."

You know, we keep trying to convince him that we need to do a coffee table art book featuring his artwork. He doesn't believe us!

ReaperIvy

(big fan of Talin, not AT ALL diminished by working in the same room with him)

How about a calendar?  

Raise a mug if you'd buy a 2004 Reaper calendar!

< my mug is in the air  :cool: >

You know, we keep trying to convince him that we need to do a coffee table art book featuring his artwork. He doesn't believe us!

ReaperIvy

(big fan of Talin, not AT ALL diminished by working in the same room with him)

How about a calendar?  

Raise a mug if you'd buy a 2004 Reaper calendar!

< my mug is in the air  :cool: >

I'll like that idea. I'll find a time to bring that up. :-)

ReaperIvy