Saint of Sinners

Axe and Hammer Tavern

Greetings clansmen and clansmaiden

Seein' as there is at last count (11/15) only 10 dwarven supporters, Ah figured we of the axe and hammer need to stick together and discuss how we're going to protect Taltos from the rest of the world. In other words, how are we going to beat the snot out of dem orcs, humans and what-nots and turn the map of Taltos dark blue.

This'll be the place to discuss yer dwarven army, yer strategy fer beatin' other factions, and most importantly the place to brag about doin' it!

<Glues a beard to his greenish face, covering his tusks, and slouches>

Ummmm Yaar let's stomp us some Orc swine!

How we going to do that now? :devil:

Personally, I dislike elvish archers. I "dislike" them a great deal. The long range combined with our slow speed means that we will have to weather a storm of arrows for several turns before we can send them to their much deserved grave. To this end there are a few options to combat this. The griffon can move much faster and get into close combat sooner than we can, but would be vulnerable to the arrows on the way in. I suggest the "Generic Burrower" option myself. What a great use for that earth elemental figure. He travels underground, unseen and untouched until rising amongst the cowardly elves, wreaking havoc and bloodshed. I have yet to try this, and need to re-read the rules on burrowers, but I think it's feasible.

[remember to "breath", use deoderant - on second though my undead self may smell better than these dwarves]

Instead of boots for everyone, why not get a musician? +2 Move to everyone if you are pure dwarven.

A combination of Musician and Piercers will rivel the arrows of any elves. You can field more because of of their low point cost. Just send in Warriors to take the hits with their heavier DV(less chance for a hit) then follow up with a double move of piercers, next round activate the piercers, if you think they can get shoots off, if not, repeat the warriors movement and move piercers within range and pray for initiative next round.

Oh and one dwarf in an archers reach can wrap thngs up nicely. Don't fear the elf, make the elf fear you.

........... Short people got no reason.... Short people got no reason....

Hehehehehehehehe :devil:

Spartan, just because yer short and hair, it doesn't mean yer a dwarf... It just means yer an ugly human ::P: So back to Dimspittle with cha!

The Elven Problem (also known as the Arrow Problem)

The solution to this problem I've found is the Dwarven Maidens. Not that I enjoy that prospect of sendin' mah lasses out in a hail of arrows but they have the best chance of surviving it. With a DV starting at 11 and deflect it gives them a total of 12 against the elven archers (or whoever is shotting at them). This is all unmodified with magic upgrades and at 26 pts per maiden given the lasses armor upgrades is still an excellent option.

And of course, don't FORGET musician upgrades (+2 to MM).

Also chose yer battlegrounds carefully! DON'T EVER FIGHT THE ELVES IN THE OPEN if ye can help it. The more terrian the elves have to shoot around the better. Having a 30" or even a 36" range won't help them if they can't get LoS on ye.

Lastly, don't cluster yer dwarves up. That just invites volley attacks <_<

Almost forgot

Congrats to Unglef on a fine battle!

For those that didn't know the dwarves have drawn the first blood and have taken the first bit of realistate on the Balence of Power Map.

I raise me mug of ale and salute you Clansmen Unglef! May yer victories be as long as yer beard!

Report from the Field:

Saddly, it looks as if Unglef has lost Tagarthas... That sneaky lil' orc Spike apparently snuck in while Unglef's boys were deep in their kegs celebrating their previous victory over the orcs. On a slightly brighter side the Tagarthas Province is not in quite in Reven hands yet... Unglef we're counting on you to resecure it. You have our faith and trust.

Elsewhere in Taltos:

Goldeneagle has firm control on Khazareen Province with an impressive 4 wins. Its just a shame Goldeneagle is an elf... Hey do we have any dwarves in Khazareen?

The Heartland has been captured by a new up in comer among the ranks of the Crusaders by the name of Catty... The Heartland is a large chunk of realistate by the way...

ohhhh we now have 13 support to the Dwarven cause... just one shy of a tie with the Crusaders :devil:

Crusaders, Necopolis, and Reven all have box sets to seduce the weak-minded to their cause. Dwarves have the largest number of 'pure' followers.

Report from the Field:

Saddly, it looks as if Unglef has lost Tagarthas... That sneaky lil' orc Spike apparently snuck in while Unglef's boys were deep in their kegs celebrating their previous victory over the orcs. On a slightly brighter side the Tagarthas Province is not in quite in Reven hands yet... Unglef we're counting on you to resecure it. You have our faith and trust.

Elsewhere in Taltos:

Goldeneagle has firm control on Khazareen Province with an impressive Four wins. Its just a shame Goldeneagle is an elf... Hey do we have any dwarves in Khazareen?

The Heartland has been captured by a new up in comer among the ranks of the Crusaders by the name of Catty... The Heartland is a large chunk of realistate by the way...

Ohhhh, the map changed :lol:

UNGLEF is still in control of Tagarthas Province!