Saint of Sinners

Axe and Hammer Tavern

Dwarves are alive and well in the Capital District, NY area...

In Taltos, that's the "Bloody Strip"

side note: anyone want to share a good 1000pt list...I need to get a bit of a better idea of how many more grunts I might need.

I'm in Aurora, CO, part of the Denver metro area. That's Redstones on the map.

As far as 1000 point lists that's kind of a tough call right now. The biggest issues is if you want to use Thorgram or not. If you use him he eats up your points fast. So you are pretty much committed to a single troop if you use him.

I have been experimenting with a list for two troops using a captains as leaders which allows 1 elite in each troop. I'm currently using Magara in one troop and Ivar in the other. So far three packs of warriors and the two packs of swiftaxes have been enough to fill out these two troops. Once you add a couple of magic items and buy spell the points go very fast.

Do multiple move bonus' stack? Suppose I have a Musician, boots of speed, and cast Mountian God's breath which ends up bieng +2, +2 and +1 (if they are in the circle) Adding a possible +5 move to some figures right?

page 110 Army special abilities under dwarves. I would spell it out here but I don't want to anger the Reaper Gods ::D:

Elsewhere in Taltos:

Goldeneagle has firm control on Khazareen Province with an impressive 4 wins. Its just a shame Goldeneagle is an elf... Hey do we have any dwarves in Khazareen?

We do have some dwarves in the Vicinity SoS; I'm sure once they enter the fray they'll comport themselves admirably.

Of course, while I always enjoy testing the mettle of my fellow Good-aligned races I much prefer beating down the bastions of Evil in the land, or even those who are too confused to pick a side.

For, in the end, an Allied game of the Good factions against anything else Taltos has to offer is undoubtedly the most lethal force on the battlefield; am I right?

For, in the end, an Allied game of the Good factions against anything else Taltos has to offer is undoubtedly the most lethal force on the battlefield; am I right?

*Raises a mug*

HERE HERE!!

Also on a side note to the dwarf players....

As stand ins until the wonderfull Reaper minis come out, check out the dwarf crossbowmen and musician from the Celtos line. Of course these will only be stand ins. No comparison to good solid Reaper dwarves.

And of course abesolutly no disrespect to Reaper meant by showing another company.

Well, I'll grant ya, Goldeneagle, stompin' orcs is quite enjoyable ( but only slightly more so then dem dimspittle bunch). And its not like I don't like ya uppity pointied ear pretty boys. It's just... well... outside of yer pretty lil' bows and arrows, ya, boys ain't got much bite ta ya.

What it boils down ta is us dwarves don't trust ya ta cover our backs when the Reven horde comes a knockin' at our door. Of course we don't trust dem Dimspittle brats any more then we the elves. The Dwarves only trust in our axes, hammers, and our gods, Angram Silverhelm and Megnatha Irontresses.

So if'n ya don't want ta get yer pretty lil' faces bloodied then stay out of a dwarf's way

(The sad part is all we (the good races) have to fight is each other. I'm half tempted to join the Darkspawn just balance the scales abit :down: )

*Raises a mug*

HERE HERE!!

Also on a side note to the dwarf players....

As stand ins until the wonderfull Reaper minis come out, check out the dwarf crossbowmen and musician from the Celtos line. Of course these will only be stand ins. No comparison to good solid Reaper dwarves.

And of course abesolutly no disrespect to Reaper meant by showing another company.

I've been using the DHA dwarven crossbowmen for my Piercers

And its not like I don't like ya uppity pointied ear pretty boys. It's just... well... outside of yer pretty lil' bows and arrows, ya, boys ain't got much bite ta ya.

Ah, I take it you've never seen our slightly off-kilter kin, the Deathseekers. There's nothing quite like a homicidal Half-Elf keeping tally on his axeblade the number of deaths he reaps to make an Overlord twitch in his sleep. In fact, looking at the troops in our armies, pound for pound you'd be hard pressed to find someone outside of your leadership ranks to be able to throw out the same amount of damage our facepainted siblings can inflict upon the unworthy.

In fact, the only troops in the Good aligned races that have as much bite and a little more bark are the Battle Nuns of the Crusaders. While I would be reluctant to have a stalwart ally... displeased at what I'm about to say, I can only describe those Sisters as Bad Habits. While they don't have our Deathseeker's ability to range about and charge into battle fearlessly their extra defense is quite impressive.

I mean, it's only a matter of time before they develop rulers *shudder*.

Aye, us, dwarves know of the deathseekers...

...we also know of the cruelity the elves force upon their own kin, of telling them, only through a wreckless death on the field of battle will wash away their sin. What sin might that be? Why being born only half elven.

It makes me wonder just how "good" the elves are...

Fellow bearded ones....

I am to venture into battle once more this Sun's Day. Raise a pint or twelve for me in prayer to the Soulforger that I may be victorious.