Saint of Sinners

Axe and Hammer Tavern

My Brother just informed me that he's ready to dive into Warlord and he's always been a Derf so he'll be comndeering my figs. *feels a craving fro blood* SO that leaves Ranzadule without a stunty army and filling out an order for my old favorite...the Undead. :ph34r: *Goes off to change profile to reflect new undead status*

Ranzadule

Dead ringer for his brother.

My Brother just informed me that he's ready to dive into Warlord and he's always been a Derf so he'll be comndeering my figs. *feels a craving fro blood* SO that leaves Ranzadule without a stunty army and filling out an order for my old favorite...the Undead. :ph34r: *Goes off to change profile to reflect new undead status*

Ranzadule

You are so fired <_<

New point of business for the Tavern...

we need a new bouncer... preferrably one that doesn't sleep on the job :grr: nor turns undead on us <_<

My Brother just informed me that he's ready to dive into Warlord and he's always been a Derf so he'll be comndeering my figs.  *feels a craving fro blood* SO that leaves Ranzadule without a stunty army and filling out an order for my old favorite...the Undead.  :ph34r:  *Goes off to change profile to reflect new undead status*

Ranzadule

You are so fired <_<

New point of business for the Tavern...

we need a new bouncer... preferrably one that doesn't sleep on the job :grr: nor turns undead on us <_<

I'd do it (we Crusaders have made it priority to protect all you folks in Taltos, even the short folk), but apparantly I'm too tall to get in...

Its been mighty quiet in the Tavern lately... and the Balance of Power Map seems to be reflecting this. Hopely with the impending arrival of Kara, Fulumbar, and the priecers things will start to pick up for us.

<_<

And as fer Kelcore, I think I can fix that hieght problem fer ya... now where did I leave me axe ^_^

Tip of the DAY:

Remember lads and lass, the key to dwarven tactics is TEAMWORK! Make use of that trencher ability! Always pair yer warriors with a Halberdier :devil:

I learned a valuable lesson earlier today. Never take on an army that has both a Krungbeast and an Avatar of Sekmet.

I ran 2000 points of Dwarves against 1000 points each of Nefsokar and Reptus. It was doomed fron the start. First off, the Reptus warlord took out half my Piercers on the first turn before they could fire a shot, and was out of Thorgram's charging range. I also made the mistake of holding back my griffon one turn too long, thus letting the Krungbeast wreak havoc among my warroirs. Thorvald and Fishripper had the Avatar held up in a pretty even combat until the tomb guards surrounded them. Oh, and Sokar is near is a good special ability. Margara took out a whoping three mummies and a tomb guard total with a fireball and firestorm.

My Dwarves can take pride in destroying all of the Nefsokar and all but two Reptus before they were wiped out.

I hope this is appropriate to ask regarding WL Dwarves... If not JLMK.

I have a "friend" who is interested in creating a dwarven army, so...

My Question:

What's a decent Army list for a smaller Dwarven WL army? Say 500pts or less.

And what standard roster for a larger army?

SK

Has the tavernkeeper gone on vacation? A week and no posts! *Slams axe in table with a "thunk"*

Well? The Bouncer is here....give me someone ta bounce!

Has the tavernkeeper gone on vacation? A week and no posts! *Slams axe in table with a "thunk"*

Well? The Bouncer is here....give me someone ta bounce!

Ack, been busy planning an assult on... ahhh yeah...

Wait a minute didn't I fire ye?

Aye that ya did lad....but then ya remembered 'e's yer kid sister's roommate's third cousin's freind and he's practically family....ya cant just go firing members of yer clan.

I'm only helping out you stunties cuz you're fighting elves.

We Overlords have recently put the kibosh on the elves with some helpful spells. Mountain God's Breath? That's a useful spell? Try Part. Cast it on a troop and boost 'em to the front. You can get a pair of those ridiculous Ivars in a troop and cast it twice in one turn. On average it'll push a troop nearly a dozen inches forward in a round.

If you had a real priest, I'd suggest Teleporting that griffon into combat, but since yer stuck with Ivar, use Speed. Another 12 inches for the griffon, which means he can cover 36" in a turn, or 24" and still attack. He should be able to shred an entire troop of elves before he goes down, and in any case he'll suck up their actions until the shorties can arrive.

And I suppose you could jack up the move on Snori and send him off to ninja an elf leader or two.

Scourge of Taltos, out.

:devil:

PS

I believe that spy could help solve many problems for dwarf players due to the fact that it may allow you to position yourself in a more favorable area after your opponent makes his/her first deployment. On a second note when that dosn't work march to the pipes and mountian gods breath could be very helpful. Try to start as close to your opponent as you can because dwarves excel at close range formation fighting so dont forget to bring some halberdiers to go with your warriors.