Saint of Sinners

Axe and Hammer Tavern

:devil:

I'm in Melbourne Australia. I don't currently know of ANY other players here...

Tommy. :rolleyes:

i realize australia is a big country... but i believe matey bob is in aussie also you might wanna see where in aussie he is see if he's close enough to play ya :)

Any model can be upgraded with magic items. Even grunts. The sole exceptions are models classified as Beasts, I believe.

Thanks! That makes the Sweet Bear Rider even better! An already high DV and a pretty good mv and MAV with another 30 or 60 points of upgrades=teh borken! ;)

Back to tactics...

Thorvald has a 12 DV but has no deflect so the obvious choice to me (and likely others) is to give him Improved Protection for 20 pts and kick him up to a 14DV v. Ranged and make him pretty hard to hit. Chase him around with a cleric and you'll get him into combat at full strength.

Any model can be upgraded with magic items. Even grunts. The sole exceptions are models classified as Beasts, I believe.

Yes.

Back to tactics...

Thorvald has a 12 DV but has no deflect so the obvious choice to me (and likely others) is to give him Improved Protection for 20 pts and kick him up to a 14DV v. Ranged and make him pretty hard to hit.  Chase him around with a cleric and you'll get him into combat at full strength.

Something else to consider is the Greater Movement upgrade. Makes his base move a 10, and his charge a 14!

Back to tactics...

Thorvald has a 12 DV but has no deflect so the obvious choice to me (and likely others) is to give him Improved Protection for 20 pts and kick him up to a 14DV v. Ranged and make him pretty hard to hit.  Chase him around with a cleric and you'll get him into combat at full strength.

Something else to consider is the Greater Movement upgrade. Makes his base move a 10, and his charge a 14!

And then have him chase casters and archers :devil:

Back to tactics...

Then cast Speed on him, granting an extra Non-combat action. Move 10, then charge 14, then attack. That's a lot of ground covered for a dwarf!

PS

Properly done, yes. BUT...that could also be a very isolated dwarf. I don't dispute the tactic, but I do urge caution against sending a lone figure storming toward the entire enemy force.

Properly done, yes. BUT...that could also be a very isolated dwarf. I don't dispute the tactic, but I do urge caution against sending a lone figure storming toward the entire enemy force.

But then you do the same thing with the Griffon, and you've got a pair of major thumpers beating the tar out enemy archers! :grr:

And eventually the rest of the dwarves will get there...

PS