Sign in to follow this  
Saint of Sinners

Axe and Hammer Tavern

Speaking as a pointed-eared, flower-eating elf type, you might want to swap out some of the bandaids for blesses.

Blesses?

Is there a Cleric spell named Bless?

Where?

Blesses are in the Core Rule book with ither spells and equipment . Cost 5 points and adds either +1 to MAV or RAV till next activation . ::D:

(If only they could make ale out of flowers... Then at long last, the petty bickering between our two races could be calmed. :lol: )

Shouldn’t be impossible, I hear the Chinese brews beer on fish :huh: . It wouldn’t solve the age old conflict of pointy vs. beardy though. And stop trying to recruit our beardling recruits, bouncer bounce the tree-hugger. :bday:

Have people seen the new Dwarf Warlord coming out in August? He looks like a total hand-to-hand monstrosity. All I have to say is his stats better back up his look, or I will be severely ticked off!! :grr:

And he better be no more than 250 points as well!! We've already gotten hosed by one expensive warlord. We don't need two...

Since this warlord looks to be all about hand-to-hand, is it safe to assume that the next warlord will be shooty based? :unsure:

Wild Bill :blues:

Blesses are in teh Core Rule book with ither spells and equipment . Cost 5 points and adds either +1 to MAV or RAV till next activation . ::D:

Weird. I even checked after reading the post above mentioning Bless, and still didn't see it.

I'M GOING BLIND! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Have people seen the new Dwarf Warlord coming out in August? He looks like a total hand-to-hand monstrosity. All I have to say is his stats better back up his look, or I will be severely ticked off!!

And he better be no more than 250 points as well!! We've already gotten hosed by one expensive warlord. We don't need two...

Since this warlord looks to be all about hand-to-hand, is it safe to assume that the next warlord will be shooty based?

Wild Bill

I have had the joy of doing a little bit of playtesting with him. Unfortunately, I cannot say much, other than he is a lawn mower on the field. But, he is an expensive lawnmower (under the particular ruleset that I was playtesting him with).

Personally, I foresee a few possible changes happening with the stats that I was playtesting.

But, the mini was as cool looking in person as it is on the screen. Awesome.

Edited by Stubbdog

...he is an expensive lawnmower...

Lawnmower. Sweet. :devil:

Expensive. Bad. :angry:

You know, the Reaper peeps could post his data card early. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any. :wub:

Here's my first attempt at a Logan Battlefury army:

Logan w/+2DV and DF

Durgam Deepmug

3x Swiftaxes +music

Gargram Heavyhands

5x Warriors + music

Freya Fangbreaker

3x Piercers +music

2x Warriors

Thorvald

997 points total, 4 initiative cards

Things I like:

-Uses a warlord - new concept for us Dwarves!

-good number of initiative cards

Things I don't like:

-Logan's troop has pitiful defense and will get torn apart if supported weakly

-No magic

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to take out Freya, put her warriors in with Gargram, her piercers in with Logan, and add in Margara with a few spells. Could I do that and satisfy the elite:soldier requirement? I'd have the leader, 2 elites, and 6 soldiers. I suppose that's 3:1, isn't it. I'd need to absorb Freya's two warriors into Logan's troop to satisfy the elite:soldier requirement.

Of course Thor loses Reach so my strategy of holding him in reserve for the initial fight and using him as reach support won't work. He'll prowl around the backfield and pick of cavalry models that try to mess up my Piercers. Gargram's troop is the anvil, holding the center and hoping to draw the initial charge. The Warrior's 10DV w/deflect will help them to hold the line better. Logan's troop is obviously focused around high MAV and high Spd values. I'll try to hold them behind Gargram's screen and then use them to exploit enemy weaknesses. That much MAV is sure to destroy a weakened enemy, and by not rushing them in I hope to reduce the liability that the low DV presents.

What do you guys think?

yes, most all the cards got changed...

And, as for the list. Not bad, but I would toss the warlord in an under 1500 point list, stick with your new healer captain, and fill in the holes with shieldmaidens, one of the best adepts in the game. Between the maidens, your newly upgraded grunt warriors (that still have trencher), and your still cheap reachers, you can use your bane to full advantage.

Of course Thor loses Reach so my strategy of holding him in reserve for the initial fight and using him as reach support won't work.

That was an error, and has been corrected.

sorry :(

yes, most all the cards got changed...

And, as for the list. Not bad, but I would toss the warlord in an under 1500 point list, stick with your new healer captain, and fill in the holes with shieldmaidens, one of the best adepts in the game. Between the maidens, your newly upgraded grunt warriors (that still have trencher), and your still cheap reachers, you can use your bane to full advantage.

Do you mean you wouldn't toss the new warlord in an under 1500 point list?

Of course Thor loses Reach so my strategy of holding him in reserve for the initial fight and using him as reach support won't work.

That was an error, and has been corrected.

sorry :(

Ah, ok. Don't worry EE, I'm not mad :lol: Just thought I'd throw that out there, I'm sure you're getting your share of upset email's/pm's/posts/etc. I didn't think Piker made Thorvald any less nasty, just changed his role slightly. But it's good to know the correct SA of course, so thanks for the update/heads up.

@ Stubbdog:

Is it generally the idea that people lead 1k point fighting companies with captains? Again my newness is showing - but I just like the idea of fielding a warlord... He is pretty darned expensive for a 1k though so I see your point.

@ anybody - what do you think of my idea of absorbing Freya's troop into Logan's troop? Would that satisfy the elite:soldier ratio?

I, for one, think Logan Battlefury sucks. Unless I am playing Razig, I never take a warlord in 1,000 points or less. Sometimes in 1,500 points.

But, come on!!! DV 9?!? I was very disappointed when I saw that. ::(: It reminded me of the Dwarf Slayers from Warhammer. IF they can get into hand-to-hand, very tough. But, I have to spend 306 points just to drop his butt on the field. THEN I have spend another 40 points in a hope to keep him alive (G.M.A. 30 pts + D.F. 10 pts). What the heck is up with that? It looks like there is another warlord that I will never place on the battlefield. :down:

Logrim Battlefury, on the other hand, is interesting. The Healer ability makes him very attractive. Having an effective CP 5 against friendly troops is annoying, but if you hold him back, and let him autoheal a warrior or a bear rider then he might not be all bad. When is his model coming out?

OK, here is a COMPLETE list of changes from the core rulebook to the new datacards:

King Thorgram Grimsteel:

Gain 3 points from 411 to 414

Logan Battlefury:

New Model

Logrim Battlefury:

New Model

Fulumbar Ironhammer:

Drop 4 points from 83 to 79

Freya Fangbreaker:

Gain 10 points from 67 to 77

+1 DV on 1st track

+1 DV on 2nd track