Lord Baasen

Faction Discussion: Necropolis

We do have one great advantage though; Flyers!

We have the most.

Granted the Crypt Bats aren't resilient enough in a fight, they can pester the h ll out of Archers and Magic-Casters. Eikar is a little tougher, but not by much.

The lovely Syphrilla has her uses against stragglers/solitaires, but up against a Troop she quickly gets jacked.

Ah, the gargoyle. It's a shame it doesn't last longer than a single hit.

The Tin Cans fall down so nicely when you get in a crossfire of a couple of Banshees.

[i suggest fielding a Banshee even in 1000pt fights and a minimum of two in anything higher.]

mgmaranda: That's disgusting. Go wash your hands.

*time for an El Stormhammer lean-in*

"Do what Mike Pondsmith taught me! Kill them all, then loot the bodies!"

"Take that, Zombie Shakespeare!"

"You shot the Zombie Flanders!"

"...Flanders was a Zombie?"

--LSH, he really needs to get out and get the rulebook.

Gargoyle is very nice. I used one last night to take out an Archer Sgt (I think - it was the leader of a missile troop, and was out in front, threatening to call down volleys.)

Banshee is nice too - anything that cuts through a bunch of troops on a single attack is nice.

Have other people been loading up on troops, or taking some troops and concentrating on characters? I tried a character-heavy game last night, and if I had not rolled poorly at a couple key moments, I think I could have won the game. As it stood, I lost most of my warriors, and his warlord got healed back to full health, so the game was his.

PS - We really need some way of healing our leaders.

I need to pad my army since I dicovered most of the models in the core book are 5 pts. too high. More spells for Malek. Even though he keeps dying before I can make effective use of him :angry:

Have not played yet, but saw a large army of mummies swarm some Crusaders this weekend. I think a horde with some strong supporting characters will do will.

It seems to the aged eyes of this lich that the legions of the necropolis are best used in massive numbers with the support of their masters. It is a very solid idea, especially with such easy to come by troopers. The very ground is full of the soldiers in our armies.

Hmmm...I've got the Necro box set, Guantfield, and Elsabeth. Where to go next? Wraiths? Crypt bats? Archers? For sure Naomi and a banshee. And Azraphan is too cool looking.