CAV 2

tabascojunkie

This weekend at the Asylum myself, Darksoul, a guy named Kevin who I believe is Reaper affiliated,and one other whose name escapes me got to take part in some of the alpha testing of CAV 2. Mad Pat led it all. All I can really say under threat of pain and torture( they said they'd tie me up and throw Rhino's and T-birds at me if I said too much about it) is that it looks very good. Still some tweaking to make it fit into the RAGE system but overall what they had was already very playable. Lots of goodies. And you oughta see the CAV version of spells :poke:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tabasco what makes you think we won't tie you up and throw Rhinos and T-birds at you if you don't spill the beans :devil:

Seriously though...

Spells? Tell me this is along the lines of off-board artillery strikes and other non-fanstay/techno stuff and not magic... I don't like magic mixed in with my sci-fi :angry: I find it cheesy :grr:

• Reaper User

it was that kevin indeed. the game i have to say plays very fast compared to cav 1 its very nice. and no no spells but yes there is off board artillery and other support options that make for a very interesting tactical addition. nothing like having a cruise missle drop in and toast both your despots. think im going to have to twist pats arm into another go next weekend if i can.

"soon" was the official response...LOL :lol:

I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10' pole. :rolleyes:

However, I'm even more glad to hear even more positive responses.

And I just had that great rant about horrific Reaper delays, too. . .

Soon

{begin Eddie Izzard skit}

No no just kidding... no not really. ... yeah I'm kidding..... no.

I anticipate.. ah heck with it. Bah. Nevermind what I was going to say.

Ok, if you want to be part of the Closed Beta Testing of CAV 2 email me. (matt @ reapermini .com )

What I need:

Subject Line: CAV Beta

What else I need

1) Name (as you want it to appear in print):

2) Address (so we can mail you a playtester copy of the rules when it's in print):

3) Your Reaper Message Board Username (this is not optional):

4) The number of how many people are in your area who will play CAV with you during the testing (obviously we want the game to actually be played so solo folks in the boonies with no access to other players aren't really needed at this time. Sorry, that's the ropes):

5) Their Names (how they'll want it in print):

6) Their Reaper Message Board Usernames (if they don't have one, that's no problem at all so long as the applicant has one):

This is phase one of closed beta testing. I'll take 25 applicants. Currently active (non red/black) Black Lightning applicants will be given the slots over non Black Lightning for this stage of testing. Only the people granted the "slots" will get the free playtester copy of the rules when it's published. Slots will be opened up for more people in a couple of weeks assuming everything goes well.

Only one applicant is needed per "gaming group" since you can print out the file for use with your local game group.

Somebody in your group will need a copy of Warlord. The beta rules refer to stuff already printed in the Warlord book quite a bit (the final published version will not but this is testing).

Since CAV2 isn't fully ready "to be let out into the wild" I'll take apps over the weekend and the relevant information to the CAV 2 download will be mailed out on Monday. That gives us here in-house one more weekend to put polish on it before testing.

Unlike Warlord, i'm not going to create a private beta testing forum. If you want to talk about CAV2 on this forum go ahead (yall too Tabasco and Darksoul).

Unlike Warlord, i'm not going to create a private beta testing forum. If you want to talk about CAV2 on this forum go ahead (yall too Tabasco and Darksoul).

So while it's closed it's not really very secret ? Can non-betas ask questions ?