CAV 2

tabascojunkie

So, Lets's review (Please consider all of these to be questions as well):

1) TL only comes into play outside of base range.

2) DFM's allow you to not move and make an extra attack using them. By inference you can't use them in a regular attack?

3) No more hard/soft targets.

4) All rolling vs. a set target number with modifiers instead of opposed rolls.

5) Defensive fire as defensive strike in Warlord (though presumably they are ranged attacks?)

6) Multiple weapon arms = multiple attacks at base RAV.

7) Indirect Fire is a single attack at base RAV, but you don't need line of sight.

very nice.

So my next question is, what about something like the Puma or Knight, that have two weapon arms but those arms currently have different weapons mounted on them?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3) No more hard/soft targets.

Not quite correct. The game has been retooled with Hard targets as the "baseline" and Soft is a conditional (like Undead in Warlord is more of a conditional than anything else). Certain weapons get bonuses versus Soft (fear the Vanquisher, Sabretooth, Poltergeist, etc.) via the Shredder special ability.

Hard and Soft is still there. Just different.

But weapons no longer have separate attack values for the two target types, right?

I'm gathering it's like Soft Targets are less vulnerable to basic RAV, and some units have a special ability that increases their base RAV specifically against soft targets?

Correct. It's now unified/simplified. One value, not two.

More the latter than the former. Weapons work the same, just some work better against Soft and some work better against regular.

Basically, a mach 12 gauss slug may not damage a group of infantry like a spray of bullets... but a mach 12 round is still going to mess up that whole unit pretty bad when it hits.

To answer your question on CAV's like the Knight, all of that has been taken into account and worked out so that you get to use all the weapons shown on a CAV.

Only one weapon system has been modified so that it no longer works in a direct fire fashion, but well you'll have to wait and see which one it is.

Mad Pat

Now all we need are the rest of the figures... ;)

I'm sorry, but CAV 1.0 has all but died out around here. The Black Lightning reps have gone away, and it is a desolate land... :/

It's great you guys are working on a new version. But given Warlord stopped production on CAV, and Warlord has source books in the pipe ( Necropolis, etc ), given Reaper's past performance with being able to support only 1 product at a time, I expect nothing new till 2006 (Assuming all the Warlord books get produced by then). Long time to wait guys.

I hope the rumors ARE true, and there is a in house writing/publishing group now.

But, I'll believe it when I see it.

Just so I'm understanding the whole new Hard/soft thing. Soft models will have a SA that will make them harder to hit. Anti- soft units will have SA of shredder which will counter the Soft SA?

The way I understand it is that 'soft' targets are just as vulnerable to basic weapons, but that weapons with shredder are extra-hurty to them.

'Soft' doesn't protect them from anything, it just makes them soft. They take normal damage from weapons without shredder and extra damage from weapons with it. I would expect that they might take less damage from the weapons Matt mentioned which are specifically designed to do extra damage against against hard (which is really just not soft) targets, but this is gross speculation on my part as I have not seen the rules nor played an alpha game.

Two things, One Warlord did not stop development of CAV. I know thats how it looks and feels but that is not the truth of the matter.

Two as for my guess on when CAV 2.0 would be published my guess of summer to fall was a uneducated best guess/wish. That type of decision is beyond my pay-grade sir.

Mad Pat