Sign in to follow this  
benhamtroll

New Work Shift!

Well, as some of you were aware at one point (I hold know illusions that the minutiae of my life holds much importance to any but the most freakishly dedicated of you . . .), when I moved to Wyoming in July I was desperately looking for a decent job with a good schedule. What I got was a job in call center working swings. I was getting a transfer to days when they offered me a Team Lead position. Of course I took it, but it consigned me to swings for an indefinite period of time. I've been doing it for about 3 months now.

Howevere, starting today, I begin a 10:00-6:30 shift, and an effort to try to salvage our service levels from the bowels of . . . umm . . . too low-ness . . . uh.

Anyway, this means I will have evenings with the family, and still be able to get my daughter and the neighbor girl to school in the mornings. I'm pretty excited about it now. Just thought I'd share.

Congrats! I know how taxing it can be to have conflicting schedules or schedules that dont allow time for your family. May your good luck continue!

Thats great! I'm happy you got a good schedule. ::):

Being able to spend evenings at home and take my children to school is very important to me too.

This is great news, BT. Family time is good. If your evenings with your daughter are a little truncated, it sounds as though your mornings are extended. Good luck with the new work-life balance.

Well, so far so good. We may even be able to hit The Incredibles tonight! (Fridays were my day to work 'til midnight before . . .) I'm also hoping that the busier phones will mean that my agents sell more, which will earn me more commission, which will bring me wealth and power!

Well, maybe an extra couple hundred bucks a month . . .