Spike

"It's not easy being green"

New Lesser Orc Models appear to be going out. Data Cards have been posted.

New warrior grunts are a bit cheaper - 18 points instead of 22 for the Bull orcs. They do have Deflect, which is nice, but ouch, only a MAV 1.

New spearmen with Trencher and Reach. Nice. They don't have Tough? :blink:

I think I will probably be sticking with the Bull Orcs a bit for

I think I will be enjoying the new Sarge and Cpt. Their minimum troops sizes are higher, but I don't think that is going to be a problem. :devil:

The Bull orcs are too good not have around. I'm not too impressed with the lesser orc warriors and spearmen.

But the captain and serg are awesome. The captain can have 12 in his troop, that's a lot of hurt on one initiative. And he's significantly cheaper than Narg. Both leaders could benefit from some magic armor.

The hero looks like a good buy too, makes a nice upgrade for a hunter if you can do without the reach.

The MAV of 1 for the spearmen and warriors really kills me. Maybe a MAV 2 for the warriors and MAV 1 for the spearmen, so it is a similar progression as the Warriors and Hunters.

I'm a little afraid to see what the Goblins will look like when they are made.

The new leaders are definitely going to be used. And those Bull Orc Warriors and Hunters better suck it up and take their orders from the Lesser Orcs.

I can't justify not spending the extra 4 points to get a Bull Orc Warrior right now with the MAV 3 over the Lesser Orc Warrior. You'd need 5 of the Lesser Orc Warriors to get a 6th for the Price of the 5 Bull Orc Warriors. That's really not much of a trade off.

Now, if the Lesser Orcs had a better DV, so they could enrage and still keep some armor, or enrage a little more, it would be a decent trade off.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for the other new models' data cards to go up - the Goblin Apprentice and female Cleric.

I'm curious to see the Goblins as well, they may make Neek's mob ability more worthwhile. And I wonder if the Goblin beastriders will have mob. Also curious to see the Bull Orc Berserkers.

My newest 750 Army list. I threw it together on a whim on Saturday for a few games at the Tower (FLGS). I won against a Dwarven force and a Necropolis force. The key was making good use of a heavily terrain covered table, and just overwhelming individual models with ranged attacks to make sure you got them.

This is also the first time I used Ombur in a force, and I have to say, I was quite pleased. The Skeeters with Defensive Shot was definitely a deal breaker as I got involved in several ranged exchanges vs the Necropolis force. I'm still trying to decide if I would be better served with replacing the 4 Skeeters with Bull Orcs and using the points to bolster my Urga troop.

Troop 1 - 73 points

Gurm - 73 points

Troop 2 - 575 points

Narg - 108 points

Ombur Skulltooth - 56 points + 45 points = 101 points

Bless - 5 points

Bless - 5 points

Bandage - 10 points

Bandage - 10 points

Warcry - 15 points

Skeeter - 64 points x4 = 256 points

Bull Orc Warrior - 22 points x 5 = 110 points

Troop 3 - 101 points

Urga - 32 points

Beastmen Woodcutter - 23 points x3 = 69 points

Total = 749

I might end up moving one of the Warriors out for another Cutter in Urga's troop

That would mean I didn't have a point sitting, wasted.

Troop 3 was used in the Necro battle as a quick strike troop. It ran in to finish off models hit by the archers or an earlier wave of combat, then used Breaker to step aside for another assault. Against the dwarves, they didn't get a chance because Margara nailed them with a fireball and took out all but Urga. I might use some points for a model towards a troop musician for these guys.

I made the mistake when playing the Dwarves to keep the Warcry on Ombur. I will likely swap that out for another bandage and another bless in that instance.

If I swap out the Skeeters for Bull orc Archers, I lose the Marksmen and Defensive Shot, but get more durable archers. I'd also free up enough points to potentially add another grunt model or two - likely Hunters to the Urga troop - since I wouldn't be able to have 8 Archers in troop 2 because of troop maximum.

Qwyksilver,

Since this is a Reven pure faction all of you leaders have Warcry as an inate ability. You don't need to purchase it for Ombur, Narg already has it. That would give you the 15 pts you need for the woodcutters standard bearer.

Castlebuilder

Since Ombur tends to hang back out of combat until the end. It's good to have a backup Warcry in the event Narg goes down, or if Ombur is last man standing.

The only time it is a waste, is if play against all Dwarves, since you never make a tough check. Stupid dwarves. Even more stupid Qwyk for keeping that spell on my list.

Also, keep in mind that Warcry is cast by Reven leaders with a CP of 2 + 2 for friendly models, meaning they still need to roll a 6+ for the Orc models to get back up. Ombur has a CP of 5 + 2 for casting on friendly models, meaning you only need to roll a 3+ when casting Warcry with him (and possibly even less if you have boosted his CP).

Well worth the 15 points if employed in the correct situation. Plus, having the Shaman cast it potentially frees up your Warlord or Captain to lay the beats on the opponent instead of 'Crying'.

Also, keep in mind that Warcry is cast by Reven leaders with a CP of 2 + 2 for friendly models, meaning they still need to roll a 6+ for the Orc models to get back up. Ombur has a CP of 5 + 2 for casting on friendly models, meaning you only need to roll a 3+ when casting Warcry with him (and possibly even less if you have boosted his CP).

Well worth the 15 points if employed in the correct situation. Plus, having the Shaman cast it potentially frees up your Warlord or Captain to lay the beats on the opponent instead of 'Crying'.

Doesn't it say under the faction special ability that Reven leaders warcry with CP 4? I assume that with the +2 for casting on friendlys, thats an effective warcry of 6.