Spike

"It's not easy being green"

Hehe.. since when did my topic get pinned. I feel sooo speshul! ::D:

Anyway, now that I've discovered the joy of recklessly charging into the jaws of death with three times as many models as my opponent, my thoughts have turned to new concerns... WHERE to get more lesser orcs and goblins.

I'm using every Warlord orc, all my DHL orcs, and even a few non-orcs as orcs. I've not EVEN begun to consider my lack of proper goblins yet.

IMHO the Goblins should be sold by the half-dozen since they're so teeny. yeah..I'm a cheapskate too.

Anyway..I got what I think is a dang good Great Reven list (sans-goblins). I'll post it as PDF soon hopefully. I'm having to update my old PDF datacard files to include the newest ones at ReaperGames.

Well I guess I have been using a Grand Reven list...sort of (since I don't have a book or oppprotunity to see the book yet ::(: ). My 750 point mini horde consists of:

Kiakara w/ lesser armor and lesser weapon 2 bandages and two blesses

3 Orc Bull warriors

3 Hunters

2 Bull Archers

Kak'Urgh with Lesser Armor

3 Lesser orcs

3 Skeeters

I have had good luck with this army the last couple of fights although in my last battle Kiakara went to the Great Grand Reven in the sky, thanks to the overlords. I still won, but I only had two figs left in the end. -_-

Because you are mixing Bull Orcs with the Lesser Orcs and Goblins, yes it would be the Grand Reven default list (as opposed to Tomukh - Bull Orcs or Noghra - Goblins).

The default list now gains additional Mob based Faction SA.

All leaders essentially gain Mob/+2 (leaders w/o Mob gain it, leaders with Mob gain the additional 2 and Non-Adept Solider Models gain SA: Mob.

Mob Mentality - Models gain +1 Discipline bonus for every other model attempting b2b with the Defending model going into b2b. So, say you have 8 guys swarming a Large base Solo with Horrid. Each of them would gain a +7 to their Discipline check to that roll to make b2b contact, which means, you're pretty much in since you only have to beat a 10, and most of them look like they have Dis of 4 or 5 at least.

I believe I am reading that SA the correct way. Looks like it is mostly effective against those with Horrid, Empowered, and Holy. Since all the Reven models are either Evil or Neutral, Vile has no impact on us.

So Qwyk would I still have warcry and enrage or do I lose those??? I love those SAs, but if I need to cast them aside for the Greater Reven good so be it.... ::):

I do have to say, with the Bull Orc warriors becoming Adepts with the Faction Book (except for in Tomukh sub-list).

I would definitely like to see the Beastmen getting a bit of a buff as a Breaker model. Most of the other Breaker types have a better MAV and Runner, for the same cost as the Beastmen, even including the other Tough/1 Breakers like the Reptus Skull Breaker (which also lacks Runner/X). If they don't get the buff, it would be nice to see a point adjust for them, dropping them a few points. Even though I do use them personally, because I like the model, they are not nearly as cost friendly for what they give you. You don't see them fielded all that often either. Even with the Lesser Orcs coming out, I don't think you'll see them being fielded a ton.

Oh yeah, and any chance of Narg being dropped in cost like Andras was? ^_^

He's great, but honestly, with the Lesser Orc Capt coming out, I can't see ever fielding Narg again unless I was going with a Tomukh list. That 3rd attack at MAV 3 is not nearly worth the 30-40+ point difference when it doesn't come with Warmaster, compared to some of the other Captains. Granted Kakurgh doesn't have WM either. But a few of the other Capts do with their 2 attacks at higher MAV.

So Qwyk would I still have warcry and enrage or do I lose those??? I love those SAs, but if I need to cast them aside for the Greater Reven good so be it.... ::):

Warcry and Enrage are now the Tomukh - Pure Bull Orc Sublist - Faction SA.

I don't have the list in front of me. All the Core Book Bull Orcs, Varaug, Narg, Ombur and Kharg are included. Not sure what is included for Solos and if Yagun Oog is allowed off the top of my head. I am at work, so I don't have the book here.

Mind you I'm looking at my betatester's copy, but according to it, Yagun Oog can fight with Tomukh.

I don't know if I'm asking the illegal, but could somebody send me a list of who's legal and who's adept in the Grand Reven. We testers were asked to try lots of different rules and therefore nothing was set in stone regarding Grand Reven list.

Basically, I wanna play them, but I wanna be fair and square about it.

Spike, the Grand Reven is the new Defaul Reven list, which is ALL the models available in the Reven Army. They have the Mob Faction abilities.

Tomukh is the Bull Orcs, Ogres, Beastmen, 1/2 Orcs, Troll, and Warbeast.

Tomukh is essentially the models (minus Goblins) in the Core Rulebook, plus a couple of the newer models.

Qwyk or ReaperB I gotta another couple of questions...are there any new beastmen troop types? and are there any lesser orc archers??

Oh and I got my first 3 goblins yesterday, pretty cool, not so sure of the one with the turban thing on his head....I always like gobbo ears exposed, its one of their "pretty features" . I do like the diff arms with the diff weapons. (I also got Sir Brannor for my Crusaders, boy is he cool!!!) ::)::lol:^_^:poke:

There is a new Beastman Hero due out that is in the Data Card...Traeg, Beastman Hero Other than that, I did not see any more Beastmen in the Faction book.

There were no lesser Orc Archers in the Faction book either.

Now, the copy we got at Gen Con is not the final finished printing, so who knows, but I would not hold your breath on it.

Bonus. We can get cheaper less effective Skeeters with the Faction book though.