Spike

"It's not easy being green"

Well I ordered some more lesser orcs and goblins on Friday from miniature market and what do I see on their site today??? A hill giant......why did'nt I wait until today cause Mr Giant was'nt there Friday AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Now I have to order again and my wife will shoot me................ ::(:

And I thought I was the only one that happens to. I see new stuff that I want show up right after I place an order so many times that I expect it to happen. I have started to think Reaper does it to me on purpose! I know it's not true, but sometimes it sure seems like it......

Castlebuilder

I know I have been using all the self control I can muster to wait till next payday to buy that huge, beautiful, necessary Hill Giant!!! :wacko:

Just realizing there really aren't any army lists in here...

Here are some of the older 750 lists I have used in the past. They all managed to be legal too, even considering the changes to Archers.

Here are a few of the 750 point lists I've used to give you an idea of figures...

#1 I've done fairly well with this set up.

Troop 1

108 Narg

66 Yagun Oog w/

45 Greater Magic Empowerment (ALWAYS put it on Yagun)

20 Improved Protection

30 Ice Shards x3

50 Fireball

90 Bull Orc Archers x3

46 Beastmen Woodcutters x2

88 Bull Orc Fighters x4

Troop 2

139 Lurgh w/

20 Improved Protection

40 Lesser Accuracy Upgrade

Total 742

#2 I got my butt handed to me with this one. But it was fun. Lots of Goblins

Troop 1

139 Lurgh w/

20 Improved Protection

15 Lesser Magic Weapon

Troop 2

54 Neek w/

20 Improved Protection

15 Lesser Magic Weapon

256 Skeeter x4

120 Bull Orc Archer x4

110 Bull Orc Fighter x5

Total 749

#3 Archer Heavy Troop. Worked out okay. Nothing fancy. Archer to soften, then bring in the melee for mop up.

Troop 1

34 Kharg Blacknail w/

45 Lesser Magic Armor

84 Bull Orc Hunter x3

132 Bull Orc Fighter x6

Troop 2

54 Neek

270 Bull Orc Archer x9

128 Skeeter x2

Total 747

#4 One of my preferred 750 lists. Good vs Magic. Fairly good number of models for a 750 list. I came in 3rd at Reaper Con Tourney with this list.

Troop 1

34 Kharg Blacknail

180 Bull Orc Archer x6

Troop 2

108 Narg Bloodtusk

66 Yagun Oog w/

20 Improved Protection

45 Greater Magic Empowerment

20 Dispell x2

10 Ice Shards

50 Fireball

84 Bull Orc Hunter x3

132 Bull Orc Fighter x6

Total 749

I have another list saved...it's pretty similar to #4

Narg w/ Yagun (Dispell, Ice x2, Scare, GME, Imp Prot), Fighter x5, Hunter x3

Kharg (Less Mag Arm) w/ Fighter x3, Archer x5

Total 748

For Prophet:

With the models you have, that you listed in the other post, I would call your Orc Swordsmen either Lesser Orc Warriors or Bull Orc Fighters. Orc Archers would need to be Bull Orc Archers. Goblin Archers would be Skeeters. Goblin Spearmen you could probably use as Goblin Warriors. Not horrible numbers for a start.

You'll probably need to pick up or find 2 or 3 other models to use as leaders. Get the Lesser Orc Captain and Sgt, and Neek for a good start. Narg is nice, but his 3rd attack makes him pricey. Gurm is a nice low cost solo. Lurgh is sweet but is a lot of points. As a model to purchase he doesn't cost a lot of $ though.

Box sets are always a good way to start. You'll save a few bucks for the models you get. Ombur is a regular in my larger sized armies. If you noticed, I love Yagun Oog. He's one of the nastier mages in the game, especially if he runs out of spells and needs to go into melee. Lunk is a good cheap one.

I have been reluctant to use Yagun cause the darn Nefsokar mess up his cp and the elves will try and shoot him. I want to try him, but I guess I've been too chicken to do it. Maybe I will try him out vs the O-lords or Reptus.... ::D:

Greater Magic Empowerment gives Yagun a CP of 9.

You don't even have to roll for most Grunts' MD checks.

Improved Protection gives you a DV 11 against Ranged attacks.

He's got a good MD.

Since Fireball's proper use was pointed out, I'd put a Firestorm on him.

Life Transfer is also a nice way to keep him ship shape and in the fight and take out an enemy grunt at the same time.

Yagun Oog is a very good mage.

Lunk is his little buddy. Not bad if you want to have a slightly weaker mage that can hide behind all the other models.

Yea I like Lunk I thought about using him with Divine favor on him....just in case, but I do have a Painted Yagun. Ok you convinced me I'll try him out and let you know how it went. ::):

And don't forget, you've got your own archers that are serious butt kickers. Shoot those pansy elf archers right on back. Your guys have Tough. They'll come back with a Warcry or two and if you absolutely need it, some Tough checks. Ombur with a Warcry and some Blesses is a nice little mini troop with Narg and some warriors to travel around with. Let Narg go with the grunts for melee goodness. Ombur hangs back with a couple bandages, a warcry and a couple blesses and has a few wobbly pops with the archers.

Elves aren't that scary if you're willing to absorb a little bit of loss against them to get in close and mess em up.

I love Bull archers!!!! Everyone else here hates em and often accuses them of being the best archer in the game when coupled with warcry.

I do have another question, Qwyk, are there any new beastmen leaders in the Army book cause I want to field an all beastmen troop with a hero attached. Without a Beastman capt. that is not possible. Thanks in advance!! ::):

Sorry to disappoint. Traeg is the only new Beastman model at this time.

Maybe if you airlift in a lot of hot wings to Bryan and Matt they might reconsider in time before the Grand Reven goes to final print.

Ok ReaperB and ReaperM how many hot wings will it take to make Urga 4-10/1 so I can make an all Beastman troop (with our beastie hero attached)??????

Seriously my figmentia has struck again. My wife bribed me to agree to temporaily house an exchange student by letting me buy a Hill Giant so I ordered him today(and a Lion for my crusaders, just don't tell her I did that ok???)

Well Qwyk tonight is the night for Yagun's first appearence in this part of the Redstones. I hope to stomp some mummy butts. I will configure him like you said.....wish me luck!! ::):

Just remember. With GME, Yagun Oog has a MAV 3. If he's running low on spells, or is getting surround, just beat em up.

If you play with stunts, have him grab a standard base sized model (using MAV) and then hurl that model an inch at another model (using RAV). The thrown model takes a point of damage. If you hit the target model, it too takes a point of damage. Good way to kill 2 grunts ::D:

Any model with a bigger base size can do this to models smaller than they are. The distance tossed is based on the difference in base sizes.

The distance tossed is based on the difference in base sizes.

So how far can Phill the Giant (Hill Giant) , throw a goblin ? :blink:

Another kid from my club wants to start a Reven army . :B): Maybe my demos are too influential .

My bad, Large base models can throw a model up to 2 inches. Giant can Toss up to 3 inches.

You can toss someone off elevation and cause them to take more than 1 point of damage if you toss em from a greater height :devil: