Spike

"It's not easy being green"

Not yet.  But here's a good plan with them, courtesy of MadPat

Use the Goblin Rangers of Wormbait clan and equip one with the Firekeg.

Burrow, and move them underground into the midst of your opponent's line.

Surface and detonate.

I was thinking of doing the same thing :lol:. Just wanted to know how well it actually worked.

See, ya didn't specify that ya kook ::P:

That would be perfectly legal, and evil. Though then you have Yags all alone out there and hoping archers can't find him.

Of course, who's left after that?!?

With the clarification, nice work Ug! I think 13 in one Firestorm is the unofficial record.

PS

See, ya didn't specify that ya kook  ::P:

That would be perfectly legal, and evil.  Though then you have Yags all alone out there and hoping archers can't find him.

Of course, who's left after that?!?

With the clarification, nice work Ug! I think 13 in one Firestorm is the unofficial record.

PS

13 in one firstorm!!!! holy manure!!!!

The best I have been able to get in one Firestorm was 7. 13 is by far the best I have ever seen.

The absolute maximum you could get would be 29, if your opponent perfectly stacked them all in like sardines, and happened to be foolish enough to have a Standard based model with SA: BIG (1) in the direct center so you could pinpoint the direct center of that mass.

0 are the standard sized models getting blasted in the radius. 2 is dead space.

Well Yuki clustered most of his men behind a building to get cover from my archers. He was trying an elven force with no vale archers. He did not expect me to bring Yagun. I almost feel bad about it...Yuki conceded after the firestorm, I don't blame him really. ::(:

LOL I had been playing li'l ol' nice cleric Ombur for so long my players got used to "bandage..bandage..bless.. warcry..bandage.."

The first time I trucked out Mr. Oog with three Fireballs, I think the exact response was "HOLY #$%@ SINCE WHEN CAN OGRES DO THAT!!"

And of course, the poor enemy was all bunched up just BEGGING to be cooked. :lol:

Now..all this talk about using Kiakara to Teleport Hilly into a building....

Um... would that result in structural damage to the building..head-trauma to the giant...or some sort of psychic-strain on li'l miss Kiakara for teleporting such a large creature?

Well..to quote Janara (from our Legends of Taltos roleplay), "There's only one way to find out." :lol:

I've been using Lunk and Ombur a bit more often.

I get the opposite response.

"You're not fielding Yagun Oog!?"

Yeah, nothing like GME on Yagun. CP 9, Mav 3, oh yes, and a Tough wizard who is just as good in melee when he runs out of spells.

It's basically a piece of equipment that's a firebomb (grants model Innate:Fireball (specified at CP4) centered on self). The idea is some stupid goblin (because they are cheap) or orc (because they are more likely to survive) straps a keg filled with tar and pitch to their back, lights it, and runs into the field.

It's unique equipment, though, so only model per army can have it (It becomes available to 1 model per troop in an all goblin army, but still limited). It is particularly devastating combined with the Wormtail Goblins - they burrow. Burrow one, pop him up, and explode him! Sure, the Bugger dies, but if you worked it right, he takes a bunch of models out that 1 goblin couldn't normally take out.

For you Magic the Gathering fans, It was partially inspired by the old "Goblin Grenade" card, and partially by John Bonnot and his general insanity.

anthologies-goblin-grenade.jpg

Nice explanation Reaperbryan. I am not a Magic the Gathering fan, so this comes as a total and complete surprise. Warlord just keeps getting better and better! Keep the surprises coming. I am still waiting for Nefsokar.

Sweet! Yet another reason to buy Reven. Yall are going to break my resistance by Christmas I swear. I always enjoyed the goblin grenade card, usually kept a couple in my deck for grins and giggles.

The keg of fire made me instantly think Warcraft, heh, love the voice of those Goblin Sappers... "Do not run! We are your friends!"

How much does this cost someone?

Are the worm tail goblins another scuplt that hasn't been released yet?

The goblins keep getting prettier and prettier... in a goblin sort of way.

Shakhak,

The fire keg is going to cost your 50 pts, plus the poor lil' goblin carrying it. With only a CP of 4, I see this as an unpredictable novelty. Getting 65 pts worth of damage from it is going to be tricky. Putting in on an expensive Wormtail probably wouldn't be cost effective. That being said, I can't wait to finish my Goblin Horde so I can see the other player panic as he sees this Goblin carrying a bomb move toward him while surrounded by 20 or so little buddies.........

The fire keg Goblins and Wormtail Goblins (Plus the Stinger and Shortfang Clans too) will use the existing Goblin minis. I'm looking for proper sized keg to attach to my Goblins.

Castlebuilder

ouch, 50 points on a fireball that doesn't have range, a low cp, has a high chance to kill a model, and may not make it down the field seems pricey... Can't wait to see it in action.

Thanks for the info Castle

I'm looking for proper sized keg to attach to my Goblins.

Castlebuilder

2963: Adventuring Accessories II

2nd Item from the left is a 10mm tall Keg/Barrel. It's what I use - just glued it to the back of 1 goblin, and then I added a twisted snake of Greenstuff to look like a rope tied it on.

2963_G.jpg