Sign in to follow this  
Enchantra

Where can I find Caster Sugar

Alright, My Sister has been teaching herself to cook and bake (Yeah the entire family is in shock.) Anyways she wondered where she could find caster sugar. I know it is a fine sugar with a smaller grain size used in baking.

Thanks.

Seems though the book that defines caster Sugar was published here in the US. So I will forward the information to my sister.

Why do they have to have so many names for things?

stick normal sugar in a food processor.  Surprisingly, it is pretty cool to watch

Hehehehe, I think I can find a bit more to do with my free time, but to each his own. ::D:

ERL

This suprisingly also works well, too.

I needed some powdered sugar quickly, and I couldn't stop what I was doing. So I broke out the ol' food processor, and whirled the sugar into a fine powder.

It now resides in my spice cabinet, in an unlabeled baggie. It looks very suspicious.

Moohoohaha!

--LSH

stick normal sugar in a food processor.  Surprisingly, it is pretty cool to watch

Hehehehe, I think I can find a bit more to do with my free time, but to each his own. ::D:

ERL

That's just cause you have never done it. Alot of cool things can be learned messing around with common household products. For instance we have a blowing up of the pumpkins every Nov 1st and we have managed some big spectacular explosions with nothing but common household supplies. I like to fill my pumpkin with katchup, mustard, mayonase, relish and anything else I can find in the fridge. It adds a nice splatter effect.

Cooking and baking is my other hobby. It's literally SCIENCE! that you can eat.

I always enjoy finding out little things like that, ladystorm. Thanks for the link.

It has something to do with ingrained contrariness and stops about 12 miles off the coast of the US.

It has something to do with ingrained contrariness and stops about 12 miles off the coast of the US.

Bah the french are just as bad