Sign in to follow this  
Zinzig

Support group information?

My wife was pleading with me to find out if there were any support groups for the signifigant others of mini-painters...seems since I picked up the hobby I've started to drive her insance with my incessant chatter, my new found way of looking at small things (hey, that would be a good piece to use on a base...), the number of links I send her from work pertaining to mini's and the constant "hey, does this look good?" are taking their toll. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Bill

I was heading there, until I brought her with me to ReaperCon, and then to GenCon. She spent all 4 days of GenCon sitting at the paint n take tables painting, and now she has all her own brushes and minis. ::D:

She only paints on the weekends, where as I paint 7 days a week. But she is a full time grad student so she has homework every weeknight.

Anyway, maybe you can get her hooked? Take her to a Con!

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Same here, but after awhile I've learned not bother her as much with it, but she does give her input when ask, I try to keep it short when I talk of things.

Fun thing is that she loves crafts, even though we both enjoy going to the craft store she gets lost in there. But the whole miniature, D&D, painting and such she’s not big on.

Go figure

I do find that talking and sharing things on the boards curves my excitment and I don't need to roll her over with it.

So post away, were all just one big family here ::D:

ERL

My fiancee was the one who started to dabble in painting minis, but then I came in and took it over, he has never touched them again (silly boy, he should know better than to pick up anything art related and not expect me to pick it up!) I feel bad because I keep taking over his hobbies, and to make things worse, I am normally better at them than he is (he has the mind set of...I should be able to do it kissarse right off the bat, I shouldnt have to learn and work at it). We need to get set up right with some power tools and such so he can go and do capendry stuff, I am sure I wont get into that.

Hmmm... I think I'm going to have to let my wife answer this question... (yep, she's a member here also... :lol: )

I had my problem solved already. My husband records his own music. He'll spend endless hours not only doing this, but then talking to me about it (when I have no clue what he's talking about). At least he and my musically-inclined-been-playing-piano-since-she-was-four mother have something to talk about. ^_^

But I've also sat down with my husband and we've painted together. He's not as meticulous as I am, but he enjoys the time we spend together (not that we've had any recently).

I bought a mini the other day for my wife, but she hasn't quite taken to the idea with the enthusiasm I had hoped. She does have her crafty stuff to work on. She does a little quilting, some scrapbooking, etc. She's also in the "Could not care less" category at the moment...might try to get her into the "hooked on mini's" category though... ::D: