Feanor

Paints?

It had a pewter skull in it. whats with that? It was an ink extender and and lo and behold a little skull in it. I pulled it out with tweezers its a nice skull dont know how it got there or why or what to do next.

Is this normal I mean it aint a human finger or anything but I found it unusual.

All of the Pro-paints have a skull in it for mixing. You know how when you shake a bottle of something that needs shaking and little thingies make clicky sounds? Normally that's a couple of ball-bearings, but in the case of these paints, they're tiny skulls. It's neat! But I'd recommend putting it back in your extender if you still need to be shakin it up. :)

Jess

Reaper puts skulls in all their paints as a paint shaker. It's a freebie. Use it to help mix your paints then, when you're finished with your pot, pull out the skull and use it for basing or whatever.

Use it to help mix your paints then, when you're finished with your pot, pull out the skull and use it for basing or whatever.

You're supposed to wait til you use up the paint to get the skull out? :unsure:

I took all the skulls out of my Pro Paints when I transfered them to the dropper bottles. I thought I might have need of little pewter skulls, so I replaced them with plastic beads. If I waited till I was out of paint, I might never get to the skull. :rolleyes::lol:

Cool Skulls in paint!!!........wow here in the u.k there are two things that we get with our citadel paints and they are........

(1) over priced waterd down paint...and

(2) over priced waterd down paint...with NO skulls in it

if they started to put wh40k marine heads in it ...that would be cool!!! :B):

I'm in the process of transfering the Pro-Paints to dropper bottles. I am keeping the skulls and replacing them with cut-off pieces of sprue (gotta love those familiar packs with the figs on a sprue).

Cool Skulls in paint!!!........wow here in the u.k there are two things that we get with our citadel paints and they are........

(1) over priced waterd down paint...and

(2) over priced waterd down paint...with NO skulls in it

if they started to put wh40k marine heads in it ...that would be cool!!! :B):

That is so true. The consistency of those paints is absolutely horrific. :grr: I was going to replace all my citadel paints with Vellejo but...nahhh, I'll just wait for the Masters to come out here.

Work that paint, Lars! WORK IT!

Me, I'm mostly Vallejo Model Colour now, because my Ral Partha paints got too old and started to clot shortly before Reaper's Pro line came out, and I never liked Citadel. They just won't cover for me. I am going to own several of the Reaper Pro Silks and Satins, and possibly the metallics, as there aren't many pretty metallic colours out there...

On the subject of old paint, how long, strictly in a lifespan before it gets funky sense, should a pot last? My Dragon Black I noticed to be kind of grainy when I thinned it the other day.