Sign in to follow this  
SnowTiger

Warlord..above my estimation!!

O.K...O.K so i have been known to be un-fair to fantasy games...because faith and magic don't go together..nuff said on that subject...

so when i got my latest figs from reaper this month...they sent me a Warlord sneak peak booklet..and to be fair this is very well written, years in the writing and very well researched...and my initial comments on this game are very much unfounded, (thats what hapens when you shoot your mouth off without knowing all the facts).....i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong......

so in the next few days i'm going to find a couple of sites that have paper buildings that are for fantasy games ...

Some buildings are very well detailed ...and in a short space of time you could be playing Warlord in towns and streets...and they will all be free downloads...so you can save all your cash for your mini's and paints.

SnowStorm....making warfare look like poetry in motion..( while supporting Warlord for the masses)......... :rock:

I have some if you are interested. Most are in zip files so pm me a email and I will share mine.

Or for anyone else who is interested.

Funny I sent and bought some foam boards today for just this reason...

And I'm glad you've come around Snowtiger... I can't wait for you to start smack talking with me and Spartan over on the Warlord thread :devil:

Snow Tiger, you don't have to fight urban. Or even with beautiful terrain. (but we all want to).

Lay a cereal box sideways on the table. It is a level 2 mesa or a building.

Big round oatmeal box = tower (don't paint it gray until the oatmeal is gone or nobody will eat the oatmeal)

Put a dishtowl down and call that area swamp.

Stand the salt and pepper shakers all on the table. Now you are fighting in rough terrain with rock spires randomly scattered about for cover.

Not near as eye appealing as real mini trees and shrubs, but usable.

Sent you a PM for the rest.

Welcome to the fold.

I sorta don't like paper fold-up terrain for fantasy, though I've had some very good results using it for CAV.

*coughcough* I have been known to take commissions, possibly, on 28mm terrain though.

I just find that paper terrain doesn't work for my suspension of disbelief when I'm working with 28mm scale minis. I like interacting with textures.

I actaully bought Microtactix N-scale buildings. $9 plus materials for an unlimited urban battlefield. . ..

Now, if only I could find n-scale road templates to print. . .

N-Scale? That's a little small for our Warlord figures. N-Scale is only 1/160 which is good for 10mm. You need S-Scale for good compatibility which is 1/64. Although you should be able to enlarge up to the right scale.