What's the offical bear type for Fishripper??

haldir

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if there is an official ruling on that but the image on the data card is a light brown bear painted by Derek Schubert. I have this figure primed and ready to paint. The different interpretations by various painters will be interesting to see. Some of the coloring I've seen on Grizzlies would look good.

the offical rulling on him

I don't want an official ruling on fluff, any more than I want official colors for the factions.

Looking at the data card, which is what is used on the table, I have everything I need to know. If I want to do a snow-themed army with polar bears, I can. If I want mountain Dwarves, I can.

If I want to convert my Piercers to be holding slings, I can - the only thing that mentions crossbows is the fluff. Likewise, I can have Thorgram use his falcon to indicate targets for the off-table artillery - that is what the scry shot comes from.

Please don't ask Reaper to limit our imaginations - it is one of the things that makes Warlord better than it could be.

abnqi

I completely agree! Well put! I'm planning on chaning a few things as far as what the models are equiped with/etc. since it's so nicely undefined in the rules. I don't have to worry about how a model I like won't work because it has an axe rather than a sword or a two handed weapon instead of two weapons. "Official" paint schemes are a bad idea.

• Reaper User

actually the grizzly is an american subspecies of the brown bear there are in fact two american subspecies grizzly and kodiak /nature channel off :P personally im going to paint him as a polar bear since all the dwarves are wearing norse armor prompting me to want them on snow bases

I was just curious that's all, really who cares about "offical" stuff, it just caught my interest that all. It would be good for rpg back story stuff like the grizzlies of the whoyak mtns are allies of the mtn dwarves due to bla bla etc. kinda stuff that's all.

that's the joy of painting stuff, you have the freedom of painting & designing your minis whatever you want. If I ever decide to start painting my crusadors again, you'll see they look totally different that most color schemes.

deflagratio-- that is ONE BIG bear!!!

like I said if I ever paint him I'll probably go with a grizzly or polar for my colors.

Randy M