CAV Beta Questions...

Hey Guys...

It told me to put feedback down on this forum, so, here I go.

First of all.

HOLY SMOKE! Just about everything's changed! I bearly recognize this game any more.

What immediatelt caught my attention was the fact we're not doing contested die rolls anymore for attacks. The attacker rolls one die and consults it with the defender's defense value. If it's better, one point of damage.

I like that... A LOT!!!

I see luck playing a much less prominent roll here than before. No more CAV Yhatzee.

Now, I'm just gonna have to figure out what to do with all of the d10 a bought. :lol:

I also noticed some two new UCORs (NTG and Viper) amd several new vehicles. Are these names solid or TBD place holders?

And, now my main questions:

Direct Fire Range- While it gives the models range in their datacard, it states that if you fire on targets outside of that range band, you take a -2 penalty to your RAV (or have to win a Scan Check against Stealthed Units). Does this imply that you can fire on any unit anywhere on the table as long as you have LOS?

I notice that Indirect Fire requires that the target be in range. Was this difference intentional?

Defensive Fire- To clarify- When it says Single against any that attacked it, it means that when a Platoon attacks this target, it can return one, and only one Defensive Fire?

Run And Gun- So, let me get this straight- I move my 60 Dictator 10 inches. And then, I go Run And Gun, so I move the Dictator again another 10 inches and shoot. Is this how it works?

Now, it says that I perfom the ranged attack with all of the other ranged attacks for the Platoon.

So, is this like the Move-Shoot-Move thing that CAV1.0 had? Just with a -2 penalty, now?

Thanks!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also noticed some two new UCORs (NTG and Viper) amd several new vehicles. Are these names solid or TBD place holders?

They're pretty solid.

Does this imply that you can fire on any unit anywhere on the table as long as you have LOS?

With the penalty but yup.

I notice that Indirect Fire requires that the target be in range. Was this difference intentional?

Nope, we'll have to adjust the wording on the eligibility. It's like Direct Fire (range bands).

Defensive Fire- To clarify- When it says Single against any that attacked it, it means that when a Platoon attacks this target, it can return one, and only one Defensive Fire?

Yup, just one. A platoon jumps you, you get one (barring any special abilities that grant more like Warmaster in Warlord).

Run And Gun- So, let me get this straight- I move my 60 Dictator 10 inches. And then, I go Run And Gun, so I move the Dictator again another 10 inches and shoot. Is this how it works?

You can shoot anywhere along the Run and Gun movement and it's only a single attack but you've got it. Some Models will now basically always be on the move (like certain FVs with only one attack anyway) except when they need more accuracy then they slow down a bit (regular ranged attack + movement).

Now, it says that I perfom the ranged attack with all of the other ranged attacks for the Platoon.

So, is this like the Move-Shoot-Move thing that CAV1.0 had? Just with a -2 penalty, now?

Basically yup.

Infantry data Cards -- Flamer Team, Force Recon team, and Urban War Team all show movement type hover. Is this by design or a copy/paste error?

Also, (and yes, this is nitpicking) would it be possible to get the PDF reformatted so the data cards don't span from the bottom of one page to the top of the next?

Fear not -- this was just my first read-through. By this time tomorrow I'm sure I'll have many questions. . . ::D:

nfantry data Cards -- Flamer Team, Force Recon team, and Urban War Team all show movement type hover. Is this by design or a copy/paste error?

Cut and Paste Error. They're Foot.

Also, (and yes, this is nitpicking) would it be possible to get the PDF reformatted so the data cards don't span from the bottom of one page to the top of the next?

This time out you'll just have to chalk it up to a burden of a beta tester. We'll fix it for any later builds though.

To clarify- #DA and #IA means how many Direct Attacks and Indirect Attacks the model gets?

You got it