Sign in to follow this  
Enchantra

Brother is getting engaged

Well here is good news for once.

My little brother who is 23, over Thanksgiving will ask his Girlfriend's Parents for her hand in marriage. He wants to propose to her on Christmas.

::D:

They currently reside together down in Georgia while he works toward the needed experience to get his MS in Business and she is going to school for her MS in clinical psychology.

Great to here

I think bumpin the announcement up will be good for everyone, espically in these times of bad happenins!!

whoops my bad, totally read that wrong, but great to here the good news for your family & I hope your brother is happy!!

Randy M

Congraduations! My fiancee was going to ask my father for my hand before he asked me, but when ever he came over, I would stick by his side like glue...because that was the summer we lived apart and I really missed him :wub: (we saw eachother maybe twice a month). I know getting engaged (and eventually married) has been the best thing in my life. I wish the many years filled with love and good times!

Woo hoo. Good move going for the old fashioned respect and blessing of the family. Very classy. I'm very happy for the positive news for your family Enchantra. Although it it not a requirement, it is always nice to have the blessing of the families.

It took me about 3 days to track down my wife's folks when I went to ask her dad for her hand. They went to Florida unannounced on vacation. When I finally got them, initially they all thought my wife's sister had her baby (she was ready to explode any day). Her father's comment when I finally got him on the phone:

"Are you really sure you want to join this family, we're nuts you know?" I told him one more wouldn't make a difference then. We laughed. He then passed the phone to my mother-in-law, who is really the one I needed approval from. She said yes too.

Her father's comment when I finally got him on the phone:

"Are you really sure you want to join this family, we're nuts you know?" I told him one more wouldn't make a difference then. We laughed.

Oddly this is exactly what I expect my father to say to a guy if they were to ask for my hand in marriage. :lol:

Thanks guys for the blessings. I really like the girl he wants to marry, she is a sweetie and she keeps him in line too. ::D: