CAV 2 Beta

Stubbdog

Counterbattery & Multiple Attacks.

Say I have a Specter that is within 6" of the Target Point/AOE of multiple Indirect Fire attacks (through the beauty of Chain fire or good die rolls). Does Counterbattery work once for each IF attack or can it only be used once per platoon activation? The rules say that it makes a single defensive fire attack, but this is also in the context of a single IF attack triggering the effect.

Defensive Fire states that you may make a single attack against any model that attacked you, but in this case (and in the case of AA) the models weren't necessarily attacking you.

Also, do these effects stack with standard defensive fire? Meaning if said Specter was the target of an IF attack from a model to which it was possible to draw line of sight, could it do a DF direct attack from the attack itself and a DF Indirect Attack from counterbattery?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules mention that a model can receive more than one "shaken" effect. The only Visible effect of this is that if a model is not in cohesion and would receive a second "shaken" effect, it retreats.

The rules for rallying state that a single succesful rally action is enough to remove all shaken and suppression effects.

Is there some other bonus to having a model be shaken more than once? Do the Attack bonuses stack (which is to say, if a model is in cohesion and is shaken twice, do I get +4 to hit it instead of +2)?

Cohesion: In a Platoon with mixed vehicles and infantry, according to the letter of the law a vehicle can be in cohesion if it's within 60" of an infantry unit, but the infantry unit must be within 4" of the vehicle to get the favor returned. Seemes a bit unfair.

I'm Just finding stuff in the rules that hasn't necessarily come up in play yet for us.

Stealth. If I successfully scan a stealthed model, the stealth is removed, but can I still make the measurement? It's not explcitly stated.

Also, how long does the doubled range segment from a Scan-to-Fire Action Last? Just for the current activation or until then end of the entire action phase?

Airborne: Does the infantry model using Airborne to dismount have to use a movement action to do so? I can see a turn sequence going like this:

Transport Double Move

Infantry *Airborne*

Infantry Rally

Infantry Non-Combat Action (Likely Stealth or more movement).

I ask primarily because If the Airborne Ability uses an action, then it should cost significantly less than it would if it was essentially "action-free".

In case anyone was wondering, I am putting together a list of my recommendations for the costs of abilities, instants and upgrades. If I can get an official OK, I'll link to the file from here when it's done for discussion.

Also, there are only two Infantry Teams classed as "Heavy". One is Tough/2 (The Heavy Rifle Team) and the other is Tough/1 (The Heavy Engineer Team). They Both have MOV 4, but otherwise their 0DT is the same as their light infantry counterparts . Is the Heavy Engineer Team supposed to be Tough/2 as well? It seems like the Power Armor should be making the crunchies a little bit harder to kill.

Flamer: Does it resolve at the same time as other damage caused by the platoon. Salvo is easy because it simply adds direct fire attacks, but some clarification is needed for special abilities that cause damage outside of Close Combat or Ranged Combat.

Right now all damage from Close Combats is resolved together, and all damage from Ranged Combat is resolved together, but most strike instants cause damage as a result of an Invoke Special Ability action and a number of the special abilities don't have any clear definition of when their damage would occur.

I would recommend a simple clarification for each ability that can cause damage to state when that damage occurs. To go back to flamer as an example, clarify that the flamer must be utilized as part of a ranged combat action, or that strike instants resolve at the same time as other ranged combat damage caused by the same platoon.

On a side note please do not at this time report CAV 2 Beta games in the battle report system on CAVHQ.  Untill we get point values in the beta data cards this wouldn't be fair.  For now just stick to CAV for the battle reports.

Mad Pat

Well that sucks! ::P:

Now I've gotta decide between playtesting and taking over the galaxy. :wacko:

haven't seen any suggestions on costs for SA's or comments on existing data cards as far as woooh that Rhino is tough.... so how can we put points in the next batch ::P:

sooo guess we'll have to lable the release of the next batch as ...lets all say it together.....

Soon!!! :B):

Mad Pat ::D: