CAV 2 Beta

Stubbdog

Be careful what you wish for, Pat.

Cost Recommendations for your persual

I did say I was working on it. ::P:

As for unit effectivness, I haven't made any recommendations there because we honestly don't know how much they're going to cost when points are more solid. We've generally found they're within our expecations based on how models performed in CAV1, however. There haven't been many "wow" moments on something being more or less effective. Rhinos still lay down the smack, panthers are still fast as heck. The dictator is still a nice assault CAV that still can't stand up to a beating. A flight of Tsuiseki is still enough to make a CAV pilot cringe. ::D:

**edit: removed link by request**

Edited by ladystorm

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I realized I hadn't suggested here yet after getting my point costs posted above was a different way to handle smoke generators.

Instead of laying out a 12" string anyway you want, spend a combat action (invoke special ability) to activate them and then the smokescreen follows whatever path of movement the model that activated the generator takes, up to a maximum of 12"

If the model remains stationary and

a: the Wind scenario rule is in effect, the smoke drifts in the direction indicated by the wind, for 2d6 inches

b: the Wind scenario rule is not in effect, the smoke fills a space equal to 7 smokescreen hexes, with the center hex centered on the model activating the generator and the remaining six hexes are placed one / hexface around that center hex.

Thoughts/Concerns?

biggest non wow for me is that the Mastadon can't get the one shot kill anymore... That was my favorite CAV1 CAV since it has the big gun for not really SUPER size price.

Its still a nice design in CAV2 with the FRS and the AoE/3 and counterbattery, but its just not the same when you can't get the one shot kill.

I will also try to do some basic cost analysis this weekend.

One thing that would really helpp us out:

What is your target point value for the most expensive CAV unit (Rhino) and what is your target point for the least expensive CAV unit (Spartan I think)?

If we knew what ranges to keep it in, that could help us try to arrange our point suggestions accordingly..

We really don't have a top or bottom target date, sence our main goal is to make the CAV 2 stats reflect the CAV mini's they will end up as expenisve or as cheap as they need to be. We get to do kinda the reverse from warlord, they had cool descriptions and stats and then make the mini's to match....

Mad Pat

We are still using the 1.0 version of the testing Document. There have been a good number of changes pointed out, both in rules and datacards, that Patrick says are being integrated into the next version.

I've sort of stopped asking when we're going to see a 1.1 version of the document, but since I'm not the one that brought it up this time, I'll say:

Is it much farther papa smurf?

There is more then just approving the new datacards, Matt is a very very busy guy.

One other side project you beta testers can do while your waiting.

go through each of the faction lists, and find where they are missing specialty units, I.E. the RACH don't seem to have a AA unit. or I don't see any Terrian light scouts.

I'm not asking for stats or units themselfs, just a idea on the units that are needed for each army. The easiest way to think about it is in warlord each army has a swordsman, a breaker, and a archer. Each of the CAV armies needs at least some representation of most if not all of the SA's. Now some units can and will cover multipul roles, so keep that in mind when looking at units.

Ok, off you hounds of hell and find your prey.

Mad Pat