CAV 2 Beta

Stubbdog

I'm really looking forward to the next update. I've withheld some of my thoughts because I wanted to have quite a few games under my belt before comment. I think overall things are looking very strong so take your time and let us have it when its ready.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I missed this -- maybe someone else already said it -- but the Specter doesn't have chain fire!?!

Ok, lets talk about this one, other then because it was on the CAV1 datacard why does the specter need chain fire.

We had a diffrent design process for the stats for CAV2 we looked at the fluff and the mini and went from there. So if neither of those sources popped up and yelled chain fire it didn't get added. now that doesn't mean it can't still be added.

Patrick

well, the biggest issue with chainfire for CAV2 as it is in the rules currently, it says that unlike CAV1, all units that want to participate in the chain need to have this SA.

So, this in turn means that MORE units need to have it than in CAV1 as in the first version, only the leader of the chain had to have it.

Not saying here that the Specter is the right one to give it to, simply that more units overall need to have it to make it worth using at all. Otherwise people will overlook it as a useless SA cause they dont want to field 4 of the same unit that does have it.

Remember that in the current (1.0) build of the rules Chain fire is an upgrade that can be freely applied to any unit in the game.

I only mentioned the specter because it used to have it as standard equipment, and the datacard for it in the 1.0 build did not include chain fire.

I know I went off on this rant before but I feel strongly about this.

Page 22, 23..

All Infantry models that are Dismounted take an automatic Shaken Token.

Grunts train to dismount a vehicle in such a way that command and control is not lost. I know, I did dismount drills about a bajillion times. The auto shaken just for getting out of a vehicle is ridiculous.

And then, here's the kicker, Infantry can have their vehicle destroyed and with a succesful Toughness check they aren't shaken at all??? :wacko: If you do enough damage to my Bradley that it's combat ineffective so's the squad in back.

If my Bradley or M-113 or Blachawk goes kabloooey I'm going to be shaken! Most likely I'll need a clean uniform. :lol:

That particular mechanic makes no sense at all as written. At least give dismounting troops a Toughness check to try to avoid the auto shaken. And if their transport gets destroyed, they should be too unless they can pass a Toughness check with a serious negative modifier. For a squad to survive the destruction of it's transport ranks up there somewhere around "miracle".