Strange issue with Hotmail

Enchantra

Alright I have my Junkmail filter turned on in Hotmail, this means anything from someone not in my contacts list automatically goes to a junk mail inbox and either Hotmail will delete it all every five days or I can go in there and delete stuff and look for things that accidentally got in there.

I use Netscape 7.1 for my Browser, and I'm operating Windows XP.

Recently Hotmail updated their system, and now when you go to delete junk mail this box opens that asks if you want the mail marked as spam so they can perfect the spam filter. I do this and the messages will not delete. I have to go through the process upwards to four times before the messages actually finally delete from the junkmail box.

I would wait the five days and let Hotmail delete the stuff, but I get so much spam in my junkmail box that it can at times really use up a lot of my quota.

Any ideas what is going on here?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

250MB of quota? That is the new limit. Also, it may not count towards it. If it does, well then you get a *lot* of junk mail.

Well before they heightened the mailbox quota it would on a regular basis hit the quota if I didn't empty it. I happen to use this address for my website, so I have to check it frequently in case people who palce orders somehow manage to get lost in the shuffle. Not like I get a lot of orders either, but hey, two a year isn't bad. ::P:

I've had the same thing happen to me. Sometimes it's like it doesn't take, and you have to tell it to delete once or twice more before it actually will.

Exactly! That is exactly what is happening! Frustrating isn't it? Glad to hear I'm not losing my mind here.

I once used Hotmail, then I found myself weary with them... that, and I got a real email address.

As for Netscape, you can certinly keep using them, or switch to The Mozilla family of fine, fine products. It's Netscape Open Source, so all the people who wanted to make great additions to Netscape have done so.

...that, and pop-up blocking RULES!

--LSH

Postscript: Sorry about the typos, I broke out the Holiday Cheer a little early tonight. ^^

Funny, that's never happened to me before and I have like ten zillion hotmail accounts. I did notice their new 'spam filter' query window thing though...that thing is annoying as heck...when I click delete or empty folder - I expect the thing to be deleted straight away...why would I want all those addresses to be on the blocked list when they're like...auto-generated crap anyway and hotmail has limited spaces of addresses it can block :( Lamest addition to hotmail ever.