Geoff Valley's Mage with Dragon

Jester

Overall, I think this is one of the most interesting sculpts around for a wizard. However, the left hand leaves a lot to be desired in terms of clean-up and getting pits out of the cloak was a real chore...

This was, again, painted with Reaper Master Paints only, and sealed with Vallejo Model Air Color Matte.

post-4-1101688320.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your execution is great Jester,..... however I agree about the dragon it's got a goofy grin thing going on... :wacko:

The empty right hand is weird maybe a wand or something would help I like your firebolt idea

I think the cloaks reds are fantastic with the purple inner lining

Overall I'm not thrilled with the sculpt but you sure made it look good!

(but don't you always) ::D:

He needs to be holding a bag of "Dragon' Snacks" in his right hand and have a quote bubble of "Get out from under me robe durnit!"

Seriously though, the colors are amazing. I dislike Wizards with pointy hats, but overall this is a pretty good old wizard sculpt. I think his robe is my favorite part.

I really didn't mind the dragon as much as I despised the left hand... and yah, a sculpted fireball effect in there would be cool... or even some lightning bolts... ANYTHING!

Here are some fireball spell effect minis made by KenzerCo.

fireball_200.jpg