Sir Kimball

Mengu

Thanks for the comments. For those that were asking, this is indeed one of the DYOM's and is a December release (so Randy, yes it's a Reaper and will soon be at your store).

No idea who HHH is... (after google search: Wrestler dude?) Iggy Pop? You guys are scary...

And yes Jester, get whipping on your Lord persona, so we can see the completed Lord Jester ^_^

Again, thanks for the comments.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have but f- f- few words to add: (*stuttering in awe*) This is your best work I've seen since RAC...and there you had a few killer pieces!

OMG... ::o:

WOW,

Sheesh, he's fantastic!

You sure took the ball and ran with this one it's great. LOVE the NMM and Colors..can you do a quick write up on the floor tiles..I have a figure that color scheeme would look great with if you don't mind sharing please

Thanks a million

Betsy

HHH is probably the top wrestler in WWE, since he gets all the title runs, major stories & such.

wich btw he LOOKED LIK THIS a few years ago!!!!!!

hhh.jpg

Flair said "to be the man, you gotta beat the man" soooooooooooooooooooooo ::D:

thanks for the update on the fig, will have to pick that one once he's out.

Randy M

No Fuzzy, you have to right click on it and pick "properties". Then copy the web address and paste it into your browser to see it.

For anybody wondering, it's a pic of Trips with hippy-like golden locks. Probably when he was known as Hunter Hurst Helmsley...

Awesome job all around Mengu. The hair looks a little odd to me, but that is more than made up for by the rest of the mini and the base.

Oh the base, I like, I like...

Then there's the cloak. Oh the cloak...

Betsy, to answer your question, the base started with scurf green plus a touch of walnut or black (not sure which). Then straight scurf green, then jade green, then jade green + touch of spring yellow + touch of linen white, then add more linen white.

Please be telling me the colors and technique used to get the Velvet cape look. Please?

Let me see if I can remeber... I've painted so much red lately. I think I started with a base of Cavalry Brown. It's a nice rich color, but an odd paint, so I had to put 3-4 coats of it for solid coverage. Then I added walnut to it, and painted in the shadows, and applied a glaze of walnut to deepend the shadows and blend the edges.

I highlighted with cav brown + blood red, then with blood red. I glazed the highlights with cav brown. Then further highlighted with blood red, up to german orange, and german orange + spring yellow. That's where I stopped. The last highlight is more of an edging, everything else is feathered highlights. You may need another glaz in between highlights somewhere to smooth out blends, but after a glaze always make sure you do at least two more highlights. Need the last layers to be bright.

Instead of the Cavalry brown base you can also use Aged Red Brick, or Dark flesh. Do not use Scab Red or Red Gore as an in between color, since they are blue reds, and will ruin the effect.

Hope you dont mind if I do a little constructive critique...and it is only a little minor thing. The shadow/black-lining around the ears is really abrupt and (I think) either to wide of a shadow or two dark. The same area around the face isnt too bad, but around the ears is a bit to much IMHO. Just a little nit-picky thing. Love it though, I hope I can do that velevet on a fig one day!

Hope you dont mind if I do a little constructive critique...and it is only a little minor thing. The shadow/black-lining around the ears is really abrupt and (I think) either to wide of a shadow or two dark.

Agreed. It's too wide. I noticed that too after taking the pictures.