Sign in to follow this  
battleMountainminis

Larger scale females..52mm and 72mm

Help all you wonderful people!

I'm in desperate need of larger scale female figures for Christmas presents..

I have exaughested all the figure companys I know of and none of the are quite right..( I love Sophie and Dana but have already done them)

I prefer fantasy and am not really fond of the ones from the CMON shop

So anyone have any bright ideas

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

Betsy

Okay,

Pegaso has a line of 80mm women. Many of them are very, umm, adult oriented, but a few of them are more clothed. They are carried at the warstore HERE.

Sacred Blade miniatures has a cool 45mm Angel. Click HERE.

Bronze Age miniatures has a line of 54mm minis. Click HERE.

Andrea miniatures also has a lot of larger scale minis. However, like Pegaso, many of the female minis are adult oriented. Look at catalogue HERE.

WOW FOLKS... :bday:

You all are awesome! Thanks sooooo much for all the info! ::D:

I'm sure I'll find exactly what I'm after! Risque/adult works for a few "art-eest "lovers on my list... so I'm thrilled! :lol:::D::huh:

Gotta love this board...Christmas spirit early and throughout the year! :B):

Thanks again

Betsy

Once I saw a lady in a bath tub dio. made by a brittish company does anyone know where I can track one of those down?? There was a company in Canada that carried it but my link is now broken...

I know I'm helpless when it comes to finding this stuff :down: ...chalk it up to old age..(44 in Jan) You computer guru's are awesome in my book...thanks again

I have two more to add to this:

Iron Wind Metal's Spellcaster range has a few female 54mm. I have the Dark Elf Sorceress and the Sorceress. Both are nice models and single pieces:

Iron Wind Metal's Spellcaster

Also, There is Jenash by FG miniatures. The two females, Makayla and Breann are at my LGS, and if I had the spare money, I'd have bought them by now. They look nicely cast and sculpted in the packaging (they come in several parts, though):

Jenash by FG Minis

It looks like you can also buy these from Noble Knight Games. The Spellcaster minis I've also gotten through my local game store and I haven't seen any online stores other htan IWM that sells them.

Thanks all

I have found 2 of the 4 figures I've been hoping to, (and a few more)

Along with the female barbarian/ frost giant female from Reaper..Quick weapon swap and some green stuff should do it..and voila that ones on the work bench ..I saw it at my LGS yesterday...(oops had forgotten about her) I should have everybody taken care of..

Our very own Kellyn from the boards here, gave me an awesome idea with her angel ornament..You should see her she's in the show off section..very nice paint job and great idea

I really appriciate the assist! I know I'll never get them all painted up in time (no "Jester speed" here) but I'm going to gift wrap pictures or the figures and get them done as quickly as I can

I'm just glad I have patient friends :)

Keep em comming, my friends and I thank you!

Thanks so much again

Betsy

Well I know this isn't exactly a metal mini per se, but have you thought about invading a local ceramics shop to see what they had? I was recently in a ceramics shop. The woman who runs it owns something like 40,000 molds and pours and fires ceramics and supplies several businesses with her stuff. Anyways she had several pieces that would qualify as well proportioned miniatures in the 72 to 100 mm scale. I must say I was very impressed. She also has hundreds of Dragon molds she can pour for people. Impressive. ::D::wub:

Great idea Enchantra!

Though I have tried painting up ceramics before and they always come out well, yucky is the word I think..I can't seem to get the paint to look the way I want and they always look weird after they're fired..no talent for that kind of thing I guess

Thanks tho

Betsy

Great idea Enchantra!

Though I have tried painting up ceramics before and they always come out well, yucky is the word I think..I can't seem to get the paint to look the way I want and they always look weird after they're fired..no talent for that kind of thing I guess

Thanks tho

Betsy

Well I paint mine with acrylics AFTER they have been fired. They are completely unglazed. No huge mess or worry of colors running in the kiln. All I do is prime the stuff well because of its porosity, and then use the paint I normally use for my miniatures.

What I do is I go to the shop and the woman has the unfired greenware on shelves. I pick out what I want, she will clean off the mold lines and fire it for me and I pay only a small fee for it. I take the fired, unglazed piece back home and have fun. ::D: