Regarding Ed's Poll...

Human-Machine

My priority purchases are for minis that appeal to me the most...this is probably why my army's are extremely half-arsed and take forever to complete (if they are completed at all). Playing isn't a priority. Painting occurs sporadically. I suppose you could say I neither care much for painting or playing :P It's the acquiring of minis that I really enjoy the most. Strange I know.

If I was totally honest with myself, I'd have to admit to this myself. Minis are completed at a very SLOW rate (haven't completed anything in over a year now I think). I do buy lots of minis though, and play maybe about 6 games a year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My priority purchases are for minis that appeal to me the most...this is probably why my army's are extremely half-arsed and take forever to complete (if they are completed at all). Playing isn't a priority. Painting occurs sporadically. I suppose you could say I neither care much for painting or playing :P It's the acquiring of minis that I really enjoy the most. Strange I know.

I think you are far from alone in that regard! That is how I used to be, until I realized after I bought a mini and put it away, I'd pretty much forget about it and never see/enjoy it. So I sold a bunch, and commissioned nearly 500 to be painted by people better than me. (better painters than me, that is) ::P:

Now if I see a mini I want to buy, but I already have 2 dozen unpainted, I force myself to either not buy the new one, or sell/give away one of the ones I already have.

Gus - Who feels bad for unappreciated lead in his closet. :upside:

I think you are far from alone in that regard! That is how I used to be, until I realized after I bought a mini and put it away, I'd pretty much forget about it and never see/enjoy it. So I sold a bunch, and commissioned nearly 500 to be painted by people better than me. (better painters than me, that is) ::P:

SmittenKitten and Gus aren't alone at all! (commissioned 500 figs...HOLY COW!!, I have no figures painted by anyone but me)(I have 2 comming from the winter exchange tho ::D: )

I have a aprox. 200 fig. GW dwarf army (all archive) 2/3's painted.. I don't like most of the new ones <_< , but my real love is the Mithril and GW.. LOTR line. Which I have quite a few of mostly the fellowship, but not many of TT or ROTK.

Which sadly I have ceased buying except on rare occassions. :down: $$$$

I paint purely for the love of it..I have never played a game with figures of any sort. (Unless you count my 4 y/o daughters Elmo's chute and ladders game ::P: ) I sell a few occasionally, but mostly give them away to anyone who appriciates them :rolleyes:

I guess I'm the exception to the rule in some respects but I love what I'm doing and until I reach a really good level I'll continue as is. I'm hoping to start selling again as a supplemental income as soon as my next shoulder surgery is over and I'm healed...UGH...This has been a really long road and frustrating one :down:

What can I say..except I think that the miniature painters community is the nicest bunch of people/artists I have ever met and I'm glad to have found this creative outlet.

Another surgery? Damn. Is this, hopefully, going to be the last one?

I couldn't imagine going so long with a bum wing. Have you completely switched hand dominence yet?

LOL Chutes and Ladders with pewter. That would be cute. Hmmm what other board games would be fun to dot his with...

Another surgery?  Damn.  Is this, hopefully, going to be the last one?

I couldn't imagine going so long with a bum wing.  Have you completely switched hand dominence yet?

LOL Chutes and Ladders with pewter.  That would be cute.  Hmmm what other board games would be fun to dot his with...

THANKS Q.S.

They say it's the last (plz. keep your finger crossed when not painting)

I have almost totally switched hands for my bases but for the figure itself I just take a painfully long time to paint it. ( it's been 6 months now since I blew out my shoulder)

Actually I had a ton of fun painting the LOTR (Fellowship) plastic chess set which now sits in a display case (pre-shoulder) I just wish I could remember how to play chess :poke:

Qwyk,

Thanks,

but,

Didn't your mommy tell you not to cross your eyes or they would get stuck that way ::P:

How about your toes instead! ::D: That'll work!

About the poll, I think it's going to wind up being about half and half from reading all the posts. tho, I think there are more gamers who paint because they don't want naked fig, on their respective battlegrounds or dungeons...