Lord Jester, Mercenary

Jester

Okay, okay... you've all been very patient. I just hope for a little more enthusiastic response than lately... <_<

Anyway, here he is: LORD JESTER, MERCENARY!!!

ljm00.jpg

All paints were the Reaper Master Series paints.

I must say I designed one cool mini, but there are some really tricky parts to paint up on him. I cannot thank Ron, Talin, Anne, and of course Bobby enough for all their work on making him a reality. ::D:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. It has a very muted, natural feel to it. I was expecting something 'loud'. But, very bold, bright colors tend to give a cartoony look. This paint job looks so smooth and natural. The NMM is great as always. I love the purple and brown leather. The face and hair came out great. If I was to pick at one thing, it would be the base. The edges of earth/rocks that he is standing on, the area right above the side of the square base, looks a little strange. I don't quite understand the lines running thru it. It's almost like the sides are textured like rock, but the top face looks like earth.

All in all, this is one fantastic paint job.

Oooh. Very nice purple-fu.

And the NMM blending on this one looks really smooth, I must stare at it more and try to absorb the technique through osmosis. :rolleyes:

You know, I never quite noticed it until painted, but that drama mask buckle is nifty... it gives the mini a very unique flavor - don't think I've ever seen that on a mini before.

Care to share which were the tricky parts so that we're forewarned before attempting it? ::D:

And I'm looking forward to seeing more versions of Lord Jester in all the colors of the rainbow-fu. (Just not all on the same one fig, in case it wasn't obvious! :blink: )

A few things...

I've been matte coating my miniatures with Vallejo Model Air Color Matte Finish, which is why they look a bit different now. And yes, I have a new set-up once again that I'm trying. It won't really matter until I can dig deep into the $$$ and buy myself a truly good camera (need that white balance feature).

Dude if you ship him off to Anne before thursday........... Boot to the head!!!

And no, I'm not shipping him off before Thursday to Anne... You'll get to see him in person, Buggeye. ::D:

And yes, there will be a TON of "Fu's" used on him... I already will do a green, a red, the way he's SUPPOSED to be (adding in new sculpted parts), a chequed pattern, a blue (maybe)... on and on and on and on...

:blink:

And yes, there will be a TON of "Fu's" used on him... I already will do a green, a red, the way he's SUPPOSED to be (adding in new sculpted parts), a chequed pattern, a blue (maybe)... on and on and on and on...

I voted for a Pink-Fu . . . with maybe a daisy pattern instead of masks . . . .does that make me wierd?

Looks great, Rob. Can't wait to see him in person!