Lord Jester, Mercenary

Jester

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope for a little more enthusiastic response than lately...

::P: Nothing like haveing to poke and prod to get us to remind you of how much of a deiety you are around here painting wise.... ::P:

But yes, very nice.

Did you airbrush that matte sealer on, or brush on?

Do you wet blend or layer blend? Can you do a tutorial on whichever way it is that you do it?

::P: Nothing like haveing to poke and prod to get us to remind you of how much of a deiety you are around here painting wise.... ::P:

But yes, very nice.

Did you airbrush that matte sealer on, or brush on?

Do you wet blend or layer blend? Can you do a tutorial on whichever way it is that you do it?

No, I believe it's called begging...

And yes, the Vallejo Model Air Color sealers are made to use straight from the dropper bottle in your airbrush. They come in Gloss, Satin, and Matte. They work wonderfully. Though in this case I should have put two coats of gloss down first to help enrich the colors and THEN sprayed it with the matte to seal it. Using a gloss coat or two first can really help deepen and strengthen your colors before the final flat seal...

My blending is what Eric Louchard calls - and so do I - "scrubbing". It's a bit of both wetblending and layering. It's closer to wetblending than anything because you 1) don't clean your brush, and 2) make sure you use thin enough paints so it remains wet on the miniature...

I've pitched a write up to a few places, we'll see what happens... ^_^

Beautiful work. The eyes are awesome.

Just think, now thousands of people will buy you, paint you, and play with you. You'll never be alone again! ::):

As far as the reduced comments goes, don't take that as that we don't appreciate your work. Its just that you have become so good in the past year that I (we?) feel unworthy to comment. That and you are so prolific and there are only so many ways to say, "Beautiful work, I wish I could paint like that." But rest assured, we are all still here drooling into our keyboards. (I need a drooling smilie.)

Hey, I have an idea, we should have a Jester painting tribute. Lets all get a copy of Jester the mini and post him here. We can keep a running tribute going. (It might take me awhile though as I am averaging about 1 to 2 minis a year right now. ::(: ) But others can get going faster I am sure. What do you guys think?

TS

Hey, I have an idea, we should have a Jester painting tribute. Lets all get a copy of Jester the mini and post him here. We can keep a running tribute going. (It might take me awhile though as I am averaging about 1 to 2 minis a year right now. ::(: ) But others can get going faster I am sure. What do you guys think?

Actually, I will be officially announcing a painting contest starting in January for painting up the Lord Jester miniature... deadline to be announced, but close to my birthday in February... there will be some small prizes dependent on number of entries, etc...

I'll be announcing it then, once all the details are hammered out and I sure that the LJM mini is in the stores. ::D: And it will help to kick off my new website/studio name just after Christmas. Jesterspeed Studios is going bye-bye... Time to drop the "speed". I'm still mulling over the final name but you'll just have to wait and see what's going to happen...