Reaper Store shipping

twjolson

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators
took 5 weeks for my order to get to Nova Scotia.

How long ago? We recently switched to UPS International and that's improved the international shipping time somewhat over what it used to be when we were doing the USPS.

Bryan or Jay can give you a current estimate for our ETA for Canada.

kit

Bunny, I have found mailing to Nova Scotia is a nightmare. My brother was up there for a spell last year. When I was shipping Xmas stuff to him, on "Priority 2-3 day mailing" I sent it 2 weeks before Xmas. It arrived to him about a week after New Years. I was shipping stuff from online retailers in Canada too, figuring that would eliminate the Customs issues.

Maybe Canadian Post just doesn't like your neck of the woods.

That would have in Aprilish 2004.

Yeah NS is notoriously slow at everyhting. I think its a combination of the low population levels and general laidbackedness of the people east of Quebec city that may be responsible. It was also a BL order so that may not get a high priority from the Texas end.

On an unrelated (or maybe not) note... We still havn't seen a Warlord rulebook in Nova Scotia, but I've got one on order with my local FLGS.

And I'll ask this here since I jont want to make a thread that will be of interest only to those in the GWN...

Reaper Peeps

I was chatting with the owner of Mirror Universe in Dartmouth, NS and he told me that some Reaper minis were going to start getting made in Canada for Canadian distribution by the fellows who used to cast the RAFM products here. Any truth to this or is he blowin smoke about? I really like the quality control at Reaper and not looking forward to this being outsourced. Hope it isn't true. Or if it is true, that it already happened and I didnt notice a change in quality :)

I don't know, but on the back of the blister cards, it does list "reaper in Canada" as being Silverfox/RAFM Minitaures. (www.RAFM.com)

I went to check on their website, and it is still (a couple of years now) being designed. It certainy doesn't show alot of progress, which is too bad. RAFM used to be one of the old school standards. If they'd kick it up a notch, they'd be a competitor on the market IMO.

As a post note; I ordered on Friday the 3rd; and they came on Wed. the 8th. If they didn't fill the order until Mon. That means it took at the least 2-3 days to get here! SWEET.

Oddly enough, when I bought a whole set of the new paints; they included a sample of the old ones?!?! With no label of course!!

That's funny.

Hmmm...

That's very good turn around, seems like the change bryan mentioned indeed sped things up. Last time I ordered (from Edmonton), the minis took upwards of 4 1/2 weeks, and the previous time took over 3. Sounds like things are better these days. That's very good news.