ReaperGames

Stubbdog

I noticed there have been a few small tweaks here and there, but nothing is said in the news page.

I make a daily trip to the site to see if there are any updates or changes.

It would make it easier if the changes and updates were posted under the news section. Even the small ones.

Also, just wondering, I know that the request to see other people's battle reports has come up in the past. What is the current status of that? Has it been approved just not implemented, not approved, still debating approval?

Question on artwork... Need to get some minimum requirements... Not that I am trying to do the minimum, but rather to make sure that I don't go below them. Size requirements? Is sketchwork legal? How are points awarded? For example, my declared faction is elves, but say I happen to draw up a good Orc, how are the points awarded in terms of the rankings and BOP map?

Fiction... Again, minimum requirements? I saw a comment made related to someone posting a quick birds eye description of a battle and Kit's response was "polish up a bit and you have a fiction submission..." So, I am just looking for a little more info.

And lastly, a suggestion. Under the rankings, as I write this, I am not sure exactly how to go about it, but somehow differentiate between a persons'declared faction and how their point breakdown is. That is to say that right now, when I go and look at the ranks, I look at one and say, "10 points.. Woohoo go elves..." because that is the faction showing in the ranking table... but then I click on his profile and notice that only 6 of his 10 points actually came via the elves. I don't know, maybe there could be multiple ranking tables, one based on total points that only lists a players name and not faction, and then maybe a person could be ranked multiple times based on faction used to gain the points, not just the declared faction (ex. Euthanatos would be ranked 3 times - 6 pts for elves, 2 pts mercenaries, 2 pts REven).

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can find players in your province of Taltos (and also in your own region of the world) by going to "Member Profile". All other players of your province are listed Alphabetically by which State and City they're from and with clickable profile links.

I like this feature alot. I've just found a player in my area I did not know about.

Kudos for the one who invented the whole concept of letting provinces represent real-life regions. It is a FANTASTIC way of helping create and expand game-groups all over the country.. or the world, even.

Oh.. did you KNOW that we have little private-messages on the Warlord HQ also. You can now send out a personal "challenge" to opponents if you want to.

Sorry, I have to continue to hijack this thread to add in one comment. ::P:

Kudos for the one who invented the whole concept of letting provinces represent real-life regions. It is a FANTASTIC way of helping create and expand game-groups all over the country.. or the world, even.

Ayep. Except I'd feel a little less lonely if I wasn't right smack in the Heartlands (where all other random countries go, I have a feeling) with no one else with me. My nearest opponents are in Italy, halfway around the world. ::(:

At least they brought their friends along. I must go egg some of mine to join reapergames as well. ::D:

• Super Administrators

Funny you mention the lack of news about updates, as I was taking a break to read the forum before I posted a news item, and lo! I found this thread.

So. On the Reapergames.com news page(s) you'll find a brief list of some of the new features we've been working on.

I'll post detailed information on the fiction and artwork guidelines, but here's a bit of a skeleton.

No length requirement for fiction. Sketch work will be okay. Points go from 0 (a rejection) to 5 (let's talk about using your story as the basis for an exclusive scenario). Reasonable effort will be rewarded. Only battles affect the BoP map. We'll be adding a "faction filter" in the future to help people find stuff. That's why we include the faction categories right now.

Turn in enough acceptable art and fiction and you'll gain support points you can cash out to affect the BoP, but art and fiction do not directly affect faction standing.

Fiction, epic poetry, that sort of thing will be okay, but use your head when considering what to submit. For instance, epic poetry is cool, but it'd have to be an awfully moving haiku to be accepted at all, if you follow my meaning. And the editorial staff will be as fair as we can be. We have some guidelines. In fact, there's a story waiting in the queue to be approved. It's pretty good. You'll like it.

For artwork, same guideline: reasonable effort will be rewarded. Sketch work is fine, but probably won't be rewarded as highly as a finished watercolor. Or whatever. Jpeg files only for upload. They will be resized to no larger than 600 square with proportions being constrained. Kind of like the painting contest does only bigger. Larger format images will break the interface for the site.

Does this help?

kit

• Super Administrators
My "Opponents near to you" list is western NY and PA. Boston Mass is as close as Rochester for me. How can I find players in Taxchewsetts?

I hope it's not something obvious that I overlooked...

Ranzadule

Puts the "00" in "N00B"

The find players in your region feature can be troublesome for you guys in the vicinity of the little states, eh? No easy solution right now. I'll have to bust out my trig to get a zip code radius search. Finding a solution to your fix will go on that ever-expanding to-do list, but I can't make any promises.

kit

• Super Administrators
The links on the profile page to ther members in your region is neat. Although It doesn't help much when your region is "Canada" for finding opponents :)

Accept it as one of the challenges of frontier life. :;):