Conversion advice

Niceman

Hello my friends.

In our D&D game I'm running a half-orc Bard.  I had been using a basic orc figure but in my games I like to get new ones every few levels to illustrate the character's gaining of experience and increase of overall power and status.   The latest figure I've chosen for him, is #2626, Randall Devonshire:

2626_G.jpg

He's rugged, but charismatic...and he even has the mail shirt I had decided on getting my character mere hours before I found the figure.  Now then...here's the problem:  My half-orc doesn't use two swords.  Which sword should I remove, and what should I replace it with?  Before you all say a lute (which I do have as part of that adventuring accessory pack) I'll warn you that he's a drummer :P   I could do a torch easy enough, but I'm not sure if I want to as he's a half-orc with darkvision and doesn't need one all that much.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield? Dagger? Punch knife?

And I'd go with the one in the back for any of the above, but mainly you have to ask yourself... "Does he hold the sword in his left or right hand?" The answer there will tell you which one to hack away on.  :D

hows about putting drumsticks in one hand (read 2 dressmaking pins with a v.small blob of blu-tac/green stuff on the ends) & a drum on his hip made from a piece of dowling or something similar ( or if you've got one in your bits box even better!) :D

Great suggestion Arkangel.  I like that idea the best.

It all kinda depends on whether he has a secondary weapon or not (and if he's right-handed or left-handed!).

I'd keep the dynamic right-hand sword (if you don't go with Arkangel's suggestion) as the left-hand sword looks to be easier to remove.  Additionally, that straight left arm could easily be bent into a different position if desired without distorting the model I would think.

Perhaps a backpack in the off-hand?  Like he's throwing it aside before entering the fray?  Or, if your want to try to sculpt it, he could even be tossing his drum and sticks to the side protectively as he goes in for hand-to-hand...

Many possibilities...good luck!!   :D

Great suggestions guys...I do like the drumsticks particularly.  I do have a drum that I took from a skeleton drummer figure that reaper puts out (or did).  The only problem being the drum seems to be too big to place anywhere on the figure.  Laying it at his feet is possible, but cramped so I may build up the base for this figure and try that.

In the meantime while I appreciate your fine suggestions, I went with the torch out of the adventuror's pack.  Two reasons...one, I haven't done conversions to speak of and I thought this was simpler, and two...I got to thinking of the neat possibilities of shading one side of the figure to represent the torchlight, so I'm sort of itching to try that as well.   I still like the idea of the drumsticks...so much that I think I'll get another miniature and try that too. :)  Thanks again for your suggestions and help my friends.  I hope to have pics of the finished product soon.