A finished mini makes me feel... fuzzy

Morgramen

I finished painting up Warl tonight after nearly 3 months of painters-block. Then it occurs to me (about the 87th time I touched him, moved him around, and inspected from every angle) how warm and fuzzy I feel after I finish a mini. Am I alone in this? Just a manifestation of figmentia perhaps?

I feel like I actually completed something. I don't feel this way after I write an RPG adventure, or design a web page (though I do look at it 87.5 times... call me obsessive.) ::D:

Anyway, just anoth non-scientific poll. Coffee talk if you will. How do you feel after painting a mini?

(Duran Duran wasn neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss...)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY! I do that on occassion as well! (Especially with the rank & file types!) Maybe it's something in the central Alberta water supply, or perhaps all the heavy metals & noxious fumes being launched all over the west end of the city from that rig blow out (good for business though... guess where the "clean up" residue is going!)

I love finishing a mini...sometimes it hits me as I'm on the last highlight that I'm actually done...and I'm like "whoah that was sudden!" After around 20-30 hours of work on a single 25mm fig...the finishing stages sort of creep up on me. It's weird...like after that much time, I'm just so used to sitting there staring at it that is strange to put it down and be done with it. Another facet of figmentia I guess.

Finishing is good, I really like that feeling. But the best is coming back to the little guy or gal or thing the next day, taking a look at it and realizing that it looks really good. Just did that with one I'm giving as a Christmas gift and looked at it last night while I was starting to get some of the base all set up and he turned out really good. Quite pleased with myself ::):

I'm with dargrin. Even the mini I am most proud of leaves me feeling like none of my figures ever seems done. They just feel as good as they can be "for now".

I know those figures are good but if I just had another few days and steadier hand I could be better.

But it is that kind of mentality that makes me go backc to painting. I know I can just take a bit more time and do better.