Proving grounds: the few, the proud

Akela

Jeremy I am all for making people think more about tactics.  But I don't belive that alowing or not alowing crew changes makes people think more about tactics.  (Although you do have to use better tactics fighting ACE crews)   If you really want to get people thinking more about tactics add a reqirement to have them use so many points of soft targets.  What that does is requires people to build a balanced army that can kill hard and soft targets. I am not proposing this as a rule.  Just as a option you can use to teach people to think about what they are going to be facing.  Cause lets face it building your army is just as important as the tactics used on the feild

(How many points is a Vanquisher truly worth if your oponent uses no soft targets?)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen, everyone is an individual. Some people may think about tactics by encountering ace crews a lot, or by encountering lots of soft targets.

Unfortunately, I think both you and Jer's statements are too sweeping to apply.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm all for this being a senerio/optional rule only.

That way "if" someone feels the need to use, they can, otherwise they can just ignore it.

It's that simple. :)

Making this apart of the core rules would be counter productive to CAV.

Honestly, there is no need to get bent around the axle over this as long as we compromise and fully understand each other's views.

That way, we're all on the same sheet of music, even if some of us are skipping verses as we go.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm all for this being a senerio/optional rule only.

That way "if" someone feels the need to use, they can, otherwise they can just ignore it.

It's that simple. :)

Making this apart of the core rules would be counter productive to CAV.

Honestly, there is no need to get bent around the axle over this as long as we compromise and fully understand each other's views.

That way, we're all on the same sheet of music, even if some of us are skipping verses as we go.

lol something like that.