Sign in to follow this  
bushido

A few minis

I finally got the chance to sit down and knock out some commission work. These were relatively quick jobs, just to get them done...so I can hopefully go back to some recreational painting...hopefully.

Space Wolf Scouts

Wolf Lord Front

Wolf Lord Side

Wolf Lord Side

Wolf Lord Back

All these marines were converted by prophet-miniatures (I can't remmeber his name at the moment) and were really fun to paint.

Witch Hunter The client wanted this based on Kate Beckinsale's character in Van Helsing...so...I tried...

Half-Elf

When I sold the first one on Ebay, this client didn't push the "Buy it now" button fast enough...so he wanted one of his own...

Matt Gubser (now a Reaper Sculptor) is Prophet-Miniatures. Yah, he does phenomenal work. And that's not taking anything away from your superb paint jobs!

I love the face work you've done on all the pieces!

Nicely done.

Very nice work. I like the dark 'true' grey used. I'm so used to the blue/grey that is the standard space wolf color, which I do like. However, seeing the space wolves in a different grey is pretty cool. You've got me wondering now. I really like this grey. It's much less cartoony.

Thanks for the compliments.

Cade, the 13th Company uses a less blue grey in their scheme, to further distinguish them from the "generic" Space Wolf army. I too like the more natural grey, but to each his own, I suppose.

Cade, the 13th Company uses a less blue grey in their scheme, to further distinguish them from the "generic" Space Wolf army. I too like the more natural grey, but to each his own, I suppose.

Been too long since I've read the codex and probably haven't seen the latest one. I didn't realize the gave a slightly different grey to one/some of the companies. Ironically, 13 has always been my lucky number as it is the day I was born.

Since 2nd edition or so, all the space wolves I've seen have been the blue grey. Neat color, but as I said, very cartoony. I've painted a few wolves in neutral grey just to see how it looked and wasn't overly impressed. This darker grey you used looks very cool though. Gives it a more hard core feel.

The story is (as well as I can remember), the 13th Company chased a band of chaos marines into the Eye of Terror and became trapped there for what would become centuries in real space. They were forced to scavange for armor and supplies, and the influences fo the warp accelerated the mutation inherent in their geneseed (hence the lord's werewolf appearance). These guys are pretty "hard core" as they have been operating behind enemy lines for quite a while. You can find more info in Codex: Eye of Terror if you're so inclined.

Bushido's dead-on. The 13th company went with Lehman Russ on his walkabout and got stuck in the warp for 10,000 years. Only when the 13th Black Crusade of Abbadon the despoiler was launched did they emerge with armor and weapons scavenged over ten millenia of smiting the forces of Chaos in the Name of Russ and the Emperor.

Now they're back, and they're not happy.